Where's Palin?

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
Tomsk
Top Level Poster
Top Level Poster

Re: Where's Palin?

Post by Tomsk »

are we talking about Michael Palin?

kg
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by kg »

No Tomsk...we're talking about Sarah Palin, ex-governor of Alaska and the Republican Vice Presidential nominee for the Presidential election in 2008 with John McCain, the Republican Presidential nominee.

[ img ]

Tomsk
Top Level Poster
Top Level Poster

Post by Tomsk »

ok..!

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

I'm sure Michael Palin could have done a much better job politically. Maybe they should swap jobs, as everything that comes out of Sarah's mouth makes me laugh. ;)

kg
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by kg »

AJRC wrote:...everything that comes out of Sarah's mouth makes me laugh. ;)

It makes you laugh? Most of it makes me cringe and shake my head in disbelief! :doh:

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Maybe i laugh because she's a nobody over here and can never affect our politics. I sympathise with any non-loony American who has to suffer her.

Even her daughter can't shut up, Bristol Palin's reality show starts tonight. I saw a great headline in the Washington Post "‘Life’s a Tripp’: Bristol Palin, drawn like a moth to the fame." I love how these vacuous morons complain about the media and Hollywood and then show what hypocrites they are by getting into bed with the media and Hollywood. I still laugh at the double standards when i think the loonies claimed Obama was just a celebrity and now their messiah and her spawn are exactly that. Fame addicted empty celebrity shirts. How embarrassing for the nation to think a reality junkie nearly got into the WH.

So you can see why someone like me might laugh, but if i was American i'd cringe at every Palinism that came out of her mouth.

kg
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by kg »

AJRC wrote:So you can see why someone like me might laugh, but if i was American i'd cringe at every Palinism that came out of her mouth.

It isn't so much the Palin-isms as it is what should make even you cringe....the fact that McCain could have won the Presidency and Palin would have been the Vice President. If those two had been thrust into that position, McCain, and to a lesser extent, Palin, would have certainly had an influence on the U.K., along with the rest of the world's.

I have to correct myself, though. That thought doesn't make me cringe...more like, it makes me shudder! :icecold:

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

If Obama hadn't stepped up to the plate then yes i would have been worried in 2008. But no way was more of the same Dubya BS with McCain and redneck trailer trash with Palin going to beat anyone.

But hypothetically you're right, if McBush and Palin had won they could have affected the UK. Obviously Palin would've had to have been shown where the UK was and told that Europe was not a country. But IMHO Palin wouldn't have lasted, she'd have quit by now. And just as now, McCain wasn't what the far right wanted, they only voted for him because they had no other option. And most voted because of Palin not McCain. So all the loonies would have been doubly disappointed when they had a President they didn't want and their messiah quit.

I wonder if the GOP this year are saying "oh no, not 2008 all over again?"

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Palinstinians are pissed, their messiah has not been invited to the presidential nominating convention in Tampa. Have a look on the loony blogs and you'll see them frothing at the mouth over this slight. The teabaggers want their messiah centre stage, they don't care if she spouts Palinisms, they just want her there. I think their claims she should be the VP nomination are a little far fetched, Romney will have seen that by going rogue she destroyed any chance McCain ever had. So i think Rob Portman is the more likely choice. Hell, i think Kermit the Frog would get picked before Palin.

But it's always good to see Palin worshippers worked up into a frenzy of hatred and venom, especially when it's directed at their own party. :dancer2:

threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Post by threenorns »

ugh - don't mention that name. we have scads of their books - two from ma, one from the spawn - and paul won't let me have a bonfire. (yes, i did skim through a few pages which was more than enough to demonstrate their eminent suitability as firestarter).

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Dick "shoot you in the face" Cheney has condemned McCain for picking Palin as his running mate in 2008. He said she wasn't ready and was not the person best suited for the job. Palin has come back blaming the "lamestream media" and Cheney buying into the media stories. Ironically she did the blaming on Fox News! :lmao4:

Also loved Palin's views on the Chick-fil-A fiasco, going on about traditional marriage "one boy, one girl, falling in love, getting married." She failed to say anything about her own daughter who fell in lust, couldn't keep her legs closed, had a child out of wedlock and is now a single mother. Yeah, that's tradition for you! :lmao4:

Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by Yogi »

Romney Chooses Ryan - Palin is dead. This thread about her should be dead too by now.

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Not so long as she draws breath. ;)

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Not heard from Satan's little helper for a while since Obama kicked ass, but might as well catch up.

Firstly another christian hypocrisy as Track Palin, her eldest child is divorcing his sweetheart after only 18 months.

On to Xmas cards and Palin, hurting from being out of the limelight, complained that the Obama's dog was on their Xmas cards. How desperate has she become, that the darling of the tea baggers has resorted to dog bashing.

A report from her home State, has shown that the number of people in Alaska holding a positive view of Palin had fallen to 29%. That's got to hurt when even your own people don't like you.

Lets wait and see what crazy antics she gets up to just to keep her celebrity alive. And to think the hypocritical loonies called Obama a celebrity in 2008. :lmao4:

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Not had much to say about Palin for a while, she's been keeping her head down. But now that Rand Paul is stealing her thunder she's started up again. :dancer2:

And it's back to good old far right double standards. :lmao4:

Sarah Palin attempted to relaunch her political career and her political action committee, SarahPAC, on Thursday with a Web video called “Loaded for Bear,” which presented the former Alaska governor as the new kingmaker for conservative populists in the GOP.

The video riffed off her speech at CPAC, in which Palin railed against “the big consultants, the big money men, and the big bad media.” But there’s an irony alert ahead: the current stated purpose of SarahPAC is to raise money ahead of the 2014 election—most of which will be spent on conservative consultants.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ng-in.html

Maybe she doesn't class Fox News as part of the big bad media? :lmao1:

kg
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by kg »

:lol:

I know they say, "Be careful what you wish for!", et. al., but I could almost wish she would reemerge in a big way. It would afford me the opportunity to flaunt my new signature block with an even greater measure of assurance! Not that I need any additional confidence...Mark Twain was ever observant and prescient. :P

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Surely you can't be inferring that Palin is an imbecile? ;)

I'm with you, i'd love Palin to get her crown back, and become the GOP's media whore again. But unfortunately her failure last year put a lot of GOP off her, i think they'll only back losers for so long. As a public speaker she can still rally the loonies, but as a political heavyweight i think she had her chance and blew it.

But her renewed effort to become the celebrity she so craves is good news for us, more double standards, more laughable policies and more things to pick her apart on. Palin, the gift that just keeps on giving. :lmao4:

kg
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by kg »

AJRC wrote:Surely you can't be inferring that Palin is an imbecile? ;)

Why, where ever did you get that notion? :whistle:

Ah well, all things pass, and Sarah will eventually fade into the obscurity she's worked so hard to achieve, and the retirement from public life she so richly deserves. I'm sure she'll reemerge from time to time, just like "Sweaty Teddy" Nugent, so preeminent in the music industry in years past, to fade into an obscure, little-heard talk show in Detroit. Time and again he is momentarily thrust into the limelight by one of his "profound pronouncements," affording everyone fresh material.

I'm confident that Sarah will accomplish equivalent preeminence, and perhaps range beyond it! :lol: