The Tea Party is Over

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

The Tea Party is Over

Post by Yogi »

http://www.nationalmemo.com/5-reasons-t ... ng-back/2/

Only 8 percent of America identifies with the Tea Party movement, according the conservative pollster Rasmussen. That’s down from 24 percent after the Affordable Care Act passed.

Not surprised by this statistic. Right Wing loonies are fun to watch, but they only get 15 minutes of fame per lifetime.

threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Re: The Tea Party is Over

Post by threenorns »

and choosing a name that earns one the moniker of "teabaggers" is just cutting one's own throat.

pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Post by pilvikki »

with something dull and rusty.... :roll:

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Nooooooooooooooo! I loved the tea-party, it put all the loonies in one nice group. Who can we ridicule now? Well apart from the GOP in general. :grin:

Oh, and how i loved going on the loony sites and calling them teabaggers, they didn't seem to like it one bit for some reason. ;)

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Seems the teabaggers are still going. They've stayed quiet for the last few months, off licking their wounds no doubt. But they're starting to make noises again, with Palin coming out from under her rock trying to claw back some of her popularity after 2012's fail. But out of nowhere has come Rand Paul to steal her crown. He seems to be the new darling of the teabaggers, seems they've gotten sick of backing losers.

Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by Yogi »

I'm guessing Teabaggers will live well beyond their useful lifetime. There won't be many of them in the future, but hey. Look how long the Nazi's have stayed in business after their defeat. The entire GOP is hopelessly lost and looking for an identity. I'm thinking that if a viable alternative surfaces, the GOP will be history in a decade or so. That's not to say Democrats won the game, but they are the best of all evils at the moment. I guess they have better PR men and spin doctors than the opposition. :lol:

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Not sure a viable alternative will come up any time soon. We thought we had an alternative to the two main parties in the Liberals, but now they've jumped into bed with the conservatives and shown how weak and gutless they are.

No i think the GOP still have a few years left in them, there are a lot of frightened and paranoid people out there who don't vote because of any thought process. They vote from bigoted fear or religion or both. So don't worry the GOP isn't about to go belly up just yet. And neither i guess is the teaparty.

The GOP has to evolve, i know they'll hate that term, but it's true. They have to change to survive, people don't want the far right anymore. The far right are where the loonies are, and they don't want loonies like Palin in charge of their country. But the GOP do seem to be showing signs of change having a new face in Rand Paul, son of Ron Paul, he may just give them a chance. I've been reading up on the man and he sounds ok, a lot don't like him. Liberals don't like him because he's too right wing and conservatives don't like him because he's too Liberal. So he seems to sit on the middle ground with some of his policies suiting one side and some suiting the other. And being Ron Paul's son he may even bring some of the loonies over to his side.

As long as the GOP keep people like Palin, Bachman and Perry and any other members of the axis of loony away from any real power they may just have a chance in 2016.

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Post by AJRC »

Well the teabaggers took another massive hit, Michele Bachmann is quitting the House next year. First Palin their media darling quit, and now their actual leader is quitting. Obviously Bachmann says it has nothing to do with funding for her 2012 presidential campaign being investigated. :roll:

Well the GOP took another step in the right direction, away from the teabaggers. And the teaparty took another step towards total failure.