Four more years

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Four more years

Post by AJRC »

Well done President Obama, you did it again. Lets just hope that change he promised comes a little faster this time. Not holding my breathe though, been on the loony sites and most are saying that if you thought the GOP stonewalled before then you ain't seen nothing yet. Which ironically makes them sound very anti-American as they'd like to see their country suffer economically just because they lost.

Been having fun on the loony sites, it's amazing how many GOP you can get to make death threats simply by telling them they lost. :lmao4:

Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Four more years

Post by Yogi »

The loonies are a small group within the otherwise normal neo-conservative Republican party. I think they were formed just to populate web sites like ours and the ones you visit. They definitely can't be taken seriously. However, there is a line of thought that seems consistent these days and it's really scary. The thinking is to run campaigns to make your opposition look bad. Other legitimate issues be damned, such as those which would have forced this country into bankruptcy. It was a completely avoidable scenario, but the Republicans were willing to play chicken merely to make Obama look bad.

I might be able to rationalize the logic behind doing whatever it takes to promote your own agenda. However, once the elections are over, and the dust has settled, the "get the president" mentality should be abandoned. Obviously it is not. It's frightening to see such a lack of respect for the office of president.

AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Four more years

Post by AJRC »

I agree, the loonies are a very small minority in the GOP. But they're usually the loudest. Thankfully even their own people tend to ignore them, or nutters like Perry, Bachmann or nightmare of nightmares, Palin would have run this month. But i wouldn't take what they say lightly, the GOP kept control of the House. If they want to stonewall like they have for the last four years, they can.

Yes, it is a shame when the policies take a back seat and character assassination rides up front. And Obama was guilty of it to a smaller extent. But the GOP went all out and spent millions upon millions simply to try and tear apart Obama's credibility. Funnily enough Romney wasn't a bad sort, some of his actual policies were downright Liberal. But as soon as the neo-cons got hold of him it was no longer his election but theirs. And all they wanted was that uppity black man out of the White House, and they would stop at nothing to get him out. No matter how low they had to go!

Obviously the biggest losers in this election were the tea party. They showed so much promise to begin with but as with Occupy they just became more a butt of peoples jokes than any great threat. Maybe their messiah, Palin, will run in 2016? I doubt it though, she'll quit as she always does. :lmao4:

The GOP seriously need to look at themselves in the mirror and ask why they've lost twice now. The white, conservative and christian doctrine just won't cut it these days, and the elderly gun nut vote just isn't enough now. They need to attract more blacks and latino's and at the moment they just aren't the party those two demographics want in power. I'm not saying our government is any better, it isn't! But we don't have the polar opposites you do. Until the two parties start moving towards the middle, you'll always have election campaigns like this. I think brandtrn said in the other post that she wished for a Libertarian government, and i'd have to agree that would be the way forward. We don't want the Palin's of this world to gain power, i'd much rather have a middle of the road politician than a right wing fire and brimstone one, or a left wing anarchist.