so, i was wrong re: murderers...

Brainformation is about the information in your brain and the way it's perceived. This forum specialize in the exchange of ideas and thoughts that do not fit into our special interests categories.

so, i was wrong re: murderers...

Postby pilvikki » 05 Nov 2014, 09:00

I came across pretty strongly suggesting they're pretty much hopeless and then I came across this former prisoner and his life style changes. and now am having some crow with a side of feeling pretty ignorant:

http://www.upworthy.com/he-killed-a-man-went-to-prison-spent-7-years-in-solitary-confinement-but-thats-not-who-he-is?c=ufb1

however, if I recall correctly, my point was made about people who were not scared or otherwise affected by a shitty life, but just felt like killing someone in about the the same way as one would shoot cans off a fence.
    pilvikki
    Royal Poobah Penguin
    Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: so, i was wrong re: murderers...

Postby Ice.Maiden » 05 Nov 2014, 14:26

Interesting speech.

It's quite possible that this guy's turned his life around and appreciates what he did and the pain he caused to people, but I think that he's in the minority of murderers.

Most of them see psychiatrists, counsellors and prison chaplains etc., who try and get to the root of what caused them to murder in the first place, but there's no doubt about it that some commit these acts because they enjoy doing so.

It wouldn't be easy to convince me that a child or serial murderer was capable of genuine remorse and change, because it's not always a case of an abused/deprived childhood that does it. Many other people're brought up in similar circumstances, but that doesn't lead them to lose control. My belief is that some're mentally disturbed, and whether they can help their actions or not, they mostly know exactly what they're doing and simply don't care.

Shaka seems to have intelligence and understanding - and I actually believe him. In his case, he's probably more than served his time, so hopefully'll never revert back to the angry young man that he once was, but at the end of the day, he deliberately shot someone. He's been forgiven, but that doesn't bring back the person he killed. In most cases, I believe in an eye for an eye, but wish this man good luck for the future.
    Ice.Maiden
    Golden Poster
    Golden Poster

Return to Brain Information