Topics related to family life.

Re: My ex bird

Postby pinky » 26 Feb 2010, 06:39

note to self create public appeal for Toulas MIL :nana: :nana:
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 26 Feb 2010, 11:19

Lol!!

Well you've done well to find an OH who wants such a different type of person to his mother pink. You'd expect someone who's got one with the attributes you describe, to want a quiet, unassuming and home-loving girl - someone who'd give him chance to shine in his own right. You're competitive, strong and know what you want, but that's really not so unlike what his mother appears to be, except for in a more compatible yet less vulgar way.
MiLs can be a pain in the rear from what I understand, but I wonder if this's because women are having their "babies" taken away from them by another woman, and think they know better for their sons?
Guess Toula has the right approach by not bothering with hers at all - lol - but how do the MEN feel about all this? It must be rotten to be torn, although pink's O's obviously another one who thinks that between the two women in his life - distance equals peace!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 26 Feb 2010, 12:00

emm Pinky pulls Ices pigtails.

I dont have much to do with MIL either cant remember the last time we met ages . I just leave him to deal with her and thank god I dont. ?Yes Ice whilst I may appear strong etc at homeI am quiet :lol: :lol: well at least I am unassuming and whilst independent I do like my man to be strong. Thing is his mil doesnt know what she wants as she changes her mind so much so unlike me. Believe me we are opposite. She is all for stay at home housewife etc and wait hand and foot on OH. So not me
pinky

Postby knobbynonuts » 26 Feb 2010, 13:35

Well I prefer a MILF to A MIL.
knobbynonuts

Postby pinky » 26 Feb 2010, 17:06

what is a MILF
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 26 Feb 2010, 19:30

Yes - what's a MILF????

And pink - you were reading that wrongly. I didn't mean that you're anything like your mil, but that sometimes, an overbearing mother can produce a quiet child - who in turn may want a quiet little woman so that he doesn't feel over-shadowed and still in his MOTHER'S shadow, if you see what I mean.
I certainly think it's better to stay away than put on a false act of being friendly.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 26 Feb 2010, 19:34

oh yes I see. Well as far away as pssible is my motto
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 26 Feb 2010, 22:59

Awww.... sorry you and Toula have unpleasant ones. xx
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 27 Feb 2010, 08:53

well ?I am not beats the interference
pinky

Postby pastafreak » 27 Feb 2010, 13:03

Pinky...you may think it best to keep your distance and be as far away from your MIL as possible.....But when and if you ever have children, that will have to change. She, and your FIL-if still alive - have a necessary and positive roll to play in their grandkids lives. It will do no good not to present a united face as there are a LOT of Birthdays and family gatherings in the future to deal with.
pastafreak

Postby pinky » 27 Feb 2010, 15:59

keeping a distance is the safest option Pasta believe me. If and when we have kids I would never ever deny them the contact that is so beneficial with their grandparents. I am so pro grandparents and love my own so dearly. Thing is MIL belittles me at every opportunity and I certainly wouldnt subject others to witnessing her name calling etc. We already do not attend events together so I guess unless she mellows that will continue.
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 13 May 2010, 18:17

And I take it that she has???!!!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 14 May 2010, 14:01

oh she has turned round over night but I am still cool a lot of water under the bridge so it will be on my terms for the moment
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 19 May 2010, 08:21

Go with the flow hun. Invite her round for a woman-to-woman chat and try and reach a compromise. At the end of the day you're carrying her grandchild, so it's best to try and have a workable relationship.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 19 May 2010, 16:01

emm think she can stay away for the moment !!! I am invited to her birthday party in early July though
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 19 May 2010, 17:14

Maybe that's a start then hun.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 20 May 2010, 17:09

emm we'll see as I said I am not the shallow fickle type and I don't forgive easy. Still I will pass her respectfully but that will be as far a sit goes
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 21 May 2010, 22:11

You know best hun. It's just that our family've never fallen out and I have exceptional in-laws, so can't put myself in that sort of position. x
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 22 May 2010, 15:35

well time will tell if she is being genuine or not
pinky

Previous

Return to Family Relations