My ex bird

Topics related to family life.

My ex bird

Postby knobbynonuts » 20 Feb 2010, 21:11

Phoned me today and asked me a lot of things but one of them was that she has just got a new laptop (and that is strange and I have just got a new lappy) and she wanted to know about how to get a sky e mail set up as she has just got a sky broadband connection.

So I told her to ferk of as I am a married man now (lol) and guided her to how to connect a wireless connection and she finally done that and gave her so much other information IE avg spybot etc as she is a computer novice. she still loves me by the way.

But the moral of this story is that if you split up (after10 years) you do not have to remaing enemys and I have split up with my ex wife now for about 20 years and we still sort of get on for the kids sake

:cool2: :dancer2: :cool2: :dancer2:
knobbynonuts

Re: My ex bird

Postby pinky » 20 Feb 2010, 21:17

aww thats nice knobby there is enough aggro in the world . Sure yee may no longer be married but its great to see yee can be nice to each other when needed
pinky

Postby pilvikki » 20 Feb 2010, 21:20

you do not have to remaing enemys

well, what if you think you ex is as low as a snake's belly in a wagon rut? what if he took you to the cleaners, ruined your credit rating, left you to pay off all his debts?

no, you do not have to, but sometimes it just works out that way...

meanwhile, i'm very happy for those who remain friends.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 20 Feb 2010, 21:48

It's terrible that is Vikki. I know how you must feel as exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine - so much so, in fact, that she'll never live long enough to pay off the debts she was left with.
I'm friends with all my exes - but these are just bfs of course, not ex husbands! I think it's only right that you should be civil where any children are involved though, because they can't help what happens between their parents, and often still love the absent parent as much as the one they live with.
Well done knobby. I can't imagine you being nasty anyway.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 20 Feb 2010, 22:00

aww
Vikki yes that must be hard to forgive and be pleasant to someone after that buy hey remember karma
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 20 Feb 2010, 22:09

Nice idea pink, but I guess that when someone does that to you, karma flies out of the window, and thoughts turn to "kill" instead!!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 21 Feb 2010, 00:01

i've not spoken with the creep for years, but i hear he's very happy, living with his best friend's wife. [possibly former best friend...?]
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 21 Feb 2010, 00:39

Who he lives with now isn't a concern to you, but what he did while he was with YOU is unforgivable.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby NoMercy » 21 Feb 2010, 13:29

I've met a few parasites in my time. :vrysad:
NoMercy

Postby pinky » 21 Feb 2010, 18:39

well thankfully I have been lucky dont really see much of ex boyfriends but do say hi to them
pinky

Postby Toula » 21 Feb 2010, 19:00

Well beat this. One of my sisters split up with her husband and moved in with her M-I-L, and remained there well after her divorce - though she did have the decency to move out when she met someone else! I'd sleep on the street before moving in with my M-I-L - = shudder at the very thought! :shifty:
Toula

Postby Ice.Maiden » 21 Feb 2010, 19:06

Aww bless. I have a fab mil, honestly. She's kind and gentle, and I liked her the first time we met. Nothing's changed.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 21 Feb 2010, 19:15

well my MIL would pay for us to split so she deffo wouldnt house me!!! Not that I would ever go there
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 21 Feb 2010, 20:17

What is it with some mothers and their sons? You can't choose who your child falls in love with, and I think you should try and get along. If children come along, it must make things really awkward.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 21 Feb 2010, 20:25

yes but here in /ireland there is a dreaded illness lifelong and incurable called Irish mammys boy syndrome
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 21 Feb 2010, 20:27

Oh it's reached these shores as well hun, don't you worry. I just happen to've been lucky.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 21 Feb 2010, 20:29

well I hope you dont give it to your boys
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 21 Feb 2010, 20:40

The thing is - as a mother of two of them, you DO wonder what sort of girls they'll end up with. Obviously we want their partners to become as one of the family, so hopefully they'll choose wisely. I've always said that so long as my children are happy, then I'll be, but since i can't wait to be a granny one day, I sure hope that we all get on.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pinky » 21 Feb 2010, 21:53

lets just hope they pick nie partners not a goth :lol: :lol:
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 21 Feb 2010, 21:56

Goths can be gorgeous - it's only makeup and clothes after all. Soon cart them off to Mr. Fayed's little corner shop and change all that!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Next

Return to Family Relations