The Git.

Topics related to family life.

The Git.

Postby MWB » 25 Oct 2009, 15:53

Yesterday, Mum and "The Git" came round with slats for a garden bench that they'd been given.

I have a garden bench but the slats are a bit worse for wear. Mum also has one, so she didn't need them.

The Git said, in his most imperious voice, that I was sooooo lucky to have been given these slats!

And the headline read..................

WOMAN BEATS MAN TO DEATH WITH GARDEN STAKES.
MWB
KIWI Correspondent
KIWI Correspondent

Re: The Git.

Postby caththecrazy » 25 Oct 2009, 15:57

I'll send my mil to visit - she is the mistress of the put down...

If I buy anything she says how much did that cost my son? Or how much of my son's money have you spent? I once replied all of it :grin:

You should have told him it would save him having to take them to the tip to dispose of them and you were really doing him a favour

I find it so difficult to hold my tongue.... Good on you that he idn't buried in the garden :yogurt:
Last edited by caththecrazy on 25 Oct 2009, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
caththecrazy

Postby MWB » 25 Oct 2009, 16:06

Really? How much of MY SONS money have you spent? :doh:

Nah, I'd leave "The Git" out in the open to rot under the sun. Give him a kick every time I'd saunter past.
MWB
KIWI Correspondent
KIWI Correspondent

Postby pastafreak » 26 Oct 2009, 19:12

So glad I don't have a MIL anymore...mine once reduced my daughter to tears...she had a go at me (in my absence-but in front of all her grandkids.)......none of the kids knew where to look...and my poor girl was both mortified and resentful that her gran could do such a thing.
pastafreak

Postby caththecrazy » 27 Oct 2009, 10:30

My mil is the pits but I'd never say anything about her in front of my boys - they can form their own opinion of her ..... Jack my eldest said to me once - I wonder if she'll be nice granny or horrid granny today :lmao1: When I remonstrated with him he said but mummy she isn't always nice.... He's only 4.
caththecrazy

Postby Ice.Maiden » 03 Nov 2009, 22:12

Children pick up on things sooner than you realise.
Fortunately, my mil is lovely, and it makes me wonder where the "ogre" image first came from. Is it because mother's only want who THEY feel's best for their sons - or are some of them jealous that some other woman's taken their son away???
I can't understand it - but I tell you what - it's a lesson to those of us with young children, because one day, WE'LL be the mil, so I hope that I'll let my sons go gracefully, and welcome their partners into the family as though they'd been my own daughters. Time'll tell.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby caththecrazy » 04 Nov 2009, 20:07

Jack is marrying his girlfriend Frankie (who he named our kitten after) and they are going to live with us so it's all sorted :grin:

My mil isn't that nice to either of her sons so no idea what it is.

I'd just want my sons to be happy and even if I didn't like the girl if he loved her and was happy with her then so be it. Strange really.
caththecrazy

Postby Ice.Maiden » 04 Nov 2009, 20:13

Well those are my sentiments as well Cathy. If our children are happy, it makes US happy - or should do.
Loved the story about Jack's girlfriend!
James had one from the age of 4, and they're still good friends now - but he's getting SERIOUSLY interested in others at the moment. He's not even 12 yet - but he looks older, and he's tall like me and his father.
Shame he went off his "first love". She was a beautiful little girl, and she's growing into a stunner - in fact, I can't fault her all round, but who knows......time yet!!!!! :P
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Drissy » 14 Nov 2009, 08:34

lol@Jacks girlfriend cath :lmao4:

I have a MIL who my husband doesnt even like that much.She is such a snob and when her daughter married a millionaire she then, courtesy of her daughter and son-in-law,could actually live the life of a bleeding snob grrrr -she is unbearable !!!!

We of course thankfully and blissfully remain the black sheep and we love it :clap2: :clap2:

I think I wouldnt be too bad as a MIL -I love my kids being happy just like most mothers (my MIL excepted).It would be very hard not to interfere tho -but knowing my 2 they would just roll their eyes and tolerate me :oops:
Drissy

Postby Ice.Maiden » 15 Nov 2009, 02:35

Yep - I've sometimes wondered if parents DO know best! Considering that statistically 1 in 3 marriages end in divorce, someone's getting it wrong somewhere!
I always think though - best not to interfere. If your children are happy, then that's all that matters, but I'm sure we all hope that we get along with their choices!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby MWB » 03 Feb 2010, 18:41

Well, Mum told me on Tuesday that if "The Git's" behaviour doesn't improve, she will leave him.

She is miserable & can't do anything right. He's going on about being in debt. They're not. He's going on about them only having had misery since moving into the new house. He's going on about Mum ALWAYS being at my place. Mum comes here for 20 minutes once a week, if that. That's cause she knows he doesn't like it when she comes here & so she stays away to keep the peace. Mum says he jealous & wants her glued to him.

He was rude to C-T when we dropped round. He sat there & just grunted a curt hello & goodbye. Mum was embarrassed.
MWB
KIWI Correspondent
KIWI Correspondent

Postby pinky » 03 Feb 2010, 18:54

do you think she will leave him Claire has she somewhere to go?? I hope she has the strength to look after her own needs first. Can she ask him to leave rather than loose her home
pinky

Postby Ice.Maiden » 06 Feb 2010, 21:38

It sounds as though the guy has jealousy and/or controlling issues, and he needs to be made aware that if he doesn't seek help for this, then the relationship can't continue, but your mum has to mean it. The trouble is, I think some women believe in "better the devil you know", and just hang on in there, hoping that things'll change - which they rarely do of course. I've watched friends become demoralised and "battered down" by men like this, until they lose the will to move on, and sometimes they end up with another partner who's pretty much the same, because that's all they've been used to. You can only support and encourage your mum to act, whilst boosting her confidence where necessary.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Family Relations