Outsourcing Wombs

Topics related to family life.

Outsourcing Wombs

Postby Yogi » 10 Jan 2008, 12:49

http://warner.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01 ... rner+wombs

I know it's popular to be outsourcing jobs to India these days, but ... Are these people serious?
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Outsourcing Wombs

Postby threenorns » 10 Jan 2008, 14:57

hmmmm... someone walks up to me and says "i will pay you the equivalent of 200 weeks of your husband's pay to carry a baby for me"...

all i can say is, "hand me that turkey baster!"
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 11 Jan 2008, 21:19

what a strange concept....
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby threenorns » 12 Jan 2008, 00:20

which: me with money, me with a turkey baster, or me pregnant?
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 12 Jan 2008, 00:31

all of the above.

:doh:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby threenorns » 12 Jan 2008, 13:17

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what's even funnier? most of those guys are gay, ROFLROFLROFL
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 12 Jan 2008, 14:46

:lmao1:

but since it's copywritten material, yogi's going to yell at you for using it.

thanks for posting it anyway, and maybe yogi won't notice it for a couple of days....? :P
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Rusty » 12 Jan 2008, 20:08

I noticed it. Whoooooosh!It`s gone.
Rusty
co-administrator
co-administrator

Postby pilvikki » 12 Jan 2008, 22:27

drat! that was a sneak attack!
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby threenorns » 12 Jan 2008, 23:18

oh.

nice.

leave me laughing at thin air like a tool.
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 12 Jan 2008, 23:57

i'm sorry, but that's funny, too! :lmao1:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby St.Moose » 11 Jun 2008, 02:36

Man...this is all so much for a woman to handle. HAH! it scares me to think of what goes on in all the other countries aroud us.It's strange really. In india where women aren't really regarded that highly, they have the ultimate trade...children. I am surprised any of them get to be surrogates for the simple fact that...last time I checked, most India women were only supposed to bare children for their husbands and the sake of furthering the family name. this is a gross misuse of the gift of life, in my opinion. same as cloning. soon there will be no need for a female and/or womb. soon there will no longer be belly buttons. *which are so cute*
and all the babies like little alien children with perfect hair, perfect skin, no flaws and no differences.
I am not saying that surrogecy is bad, just that the extent that these women go to is so strange and it worries me. What also worries me is how these women can hand over a baby that easily as if it were like a stereo or something. not that the idea and whole preparation for motherhood isn't scary to a woman...because(this could just be me but,) It can be a very scary thing..not knowing what to expect, and not knowing if you are good enough to be a mother...but isn't the surprise half the fun. It's like All of the holidays in your entire life mixed into one. and why would some one want to Get payment to give some one else their child. that in itself really confuses me. I realize that india compared to the U.S. seems well, destitute and such, but geez...being pregnant shouldn't be a business, I don't think they do tax right-offs for that.~_~ and there are too many risks involved, like the whole lifestyle that the surrogate mother has and if there are risks for illness and/or metal disorders. and what ever happened to adoption. It's almost like surrogacy, but in my opinion better because it gives those children whom have already been born a loving home...without creating more children....some times this makes me feel like (and yes, I reallize I don't have much room to talk) that there are too many people on this planet...and this whole thing just proves that *cough* 'stupid' people are reproducing. it seems that these women don't even love these babies and they are just a tad greedy. 'renting' out a womb for ridiculous amounts of money. that was not the intention of the female body...well, actually I am not the judge of that...but I am pretty sure that if too many women do this and just pop out babies...it will be like an overpopulation od deer and we will all end up kicking the bucket. :crazy:
St.Moose

Postby pilvikki » 11 Jun 2008, 23:27

that was rather well put...

we do "manage" the wildlife, but don't seem to get a handle on our own numbers.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby St.Moose » 12 Jun 2008, 00:50

Uh huh, Uh huh!!! see What I mean. we 'manage' the wildlife but not our own species..and If we did...it's called Homicide......or Worse..Genocide...O_O Which is weird. you would think that we would all understand, but I suppose that we would never 'stoop' to the level of thinning out the herd. not that I approve of it...I just think that people need to be a little wiser about the situation at hand. It's not right for some one to 'rent' a womb, and it's not right to let some poor child continue living in a crowded orphanage. why can't people just be happy with whats been placed and (as I have said...and I suppose this is where being a hypochrit come into play,) quite making more lives and love and care for those that have no one to care for them.

RAWR...It makes me so mad. it used to be that back when I was younger, there were plenty of families wanting to adopt instead of outsourcing a womb...and I know plenty of good people who grow from those loving adoptive families. what happened...I guess thanks to brad and Angalina and the other Celebs...people think it's just awesome to go buy, or pay women to have babies.
St.Moose

Postby Silke » 13 Jun 2008, 14:19

I think - I do not know but I think - that the rules for adopting is much harsher than "renting a womb"?
Silke
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby threenorns » 13 Jun 2008, 14:37

unless you're madonna, rosie o'donnell, or brangelina, or otherwise stinking rich, adoption is prohibitively expensive and they have insanely stupid rules.

basically, any crack ho can pop out as many babies as she wants and keep them until she screws up.

to adopt, mother theresa and the pope would probably be refused.
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 13 Jun 2008, 22:53

to adopt, mother theresa and the pope would probably be refused.

i'm pretty sure you're right... they'd be single parents, ya know.

a coworker adopted a babygirl from china some 10 yrs ago. she cost them $20 000 and she's been sick pretty well ever since they got her. the poor thing had been starved and abused her short life tied to a crib.

makes me steam just to think about it.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby threenorns » 14 Jun 2008, 00:45

st moose: why would brad and angelina and other celebrities choosing to adopt babies inspire others to look for a surrogate mother? doesn't make sense.

"rent a womb" - the concept is ridiculous. it's called hiring a surrogate mother - i'd do it myself if someone paid me.

not everyone is mentally or emotionally equipped to adopt a child. in spite of all the hippy-yippy happy glowing stories, the real truth is that the vast majority of adopted children suffer their entire lifes from a feeling of not belonging and displacement. it's worse for those who are the product of an unwanted pregnancy: studies have shown that women who give birth unwillingly to unwanted babies produce babies that cry a LOT more than normal, are a LOT harder to console, and tend to have more personality issues than those that are not adopted: http://www.terrylarimore.com/PrimalWound.html

the common thought is that adopting a newborn is no big deal: the baby will grow up not knowing any better. this is totally wrong - even children who didn't know are not surprised when they find out accidently they're adopted. there was always that thought in the back of their minds - why don't i look like anybody in the family? how come i have interests and abilities nobody else has? why am i such a freak?

now, how this plays out with surrogacy is difficult to determine. genetically, the child does not belong to the surrogate mother so right there, there's already a barrier between the gestating mother and the developing baby - the chemical signals just don't align. in a surrogate transaction, it's typical for the prospective parents to be intimately involved with the pregnancy: they speak to the baby, read to it, play with it by poking through the tummy - basically, everything normal expectant parents do, just with someone else's tummy. sometimes, the biological mother goes so far as to seek hormone therapy to begin lactating and when the baby is born, it is immediately put to her breast. however, i believe this technology is too new for any long-term studies to have been done on how the children develop afterward.
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Silke » 14 Jun 2008, 10:33

you are allowed to adopt as a single parent here, as long as you met every other reqirement. I think that is great; you don't need to parents to be happy, and you don't need somebody to help you raise a child. Ofcourse, give some room for individuality.
Silke
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Return to Family Relations