being dumped

Topics related to family life.

being dumped

Postby pilvikki » 22 Dec 2012, 17:01

i just read a post on FB [!] about one of my out-laws having been dumped - now. after 23 yrs.

i mean WTF? it's supposed to be christmas, could he not have waited until jan?

she's a nice kid, got beauty and brains, so she'll manage, but BH, that is just so totally mean!@!

:bleh:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: being dumped

Postby Ice.Maiden » 22 Dec 2012, 20:14

Sorry to hear that. It's a lousy fact that this time of the year brings out the best and worst in some people.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 26 Dec 2012, 02:43

indeed it does. :sigh:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 26 Dec 2012, 19:01

Any chance of .....?
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 30 Dec 2012, 03:40

i don't know them at all, but by the sound of it, chances are nil. shame. you put so much work into a relationship and then then it all gets flushed down the toilet.

reminds me of a friend who spent a glorious 3 week vacation in cuba with her spouse. they came home, but he didn't unpack, just picked up his stuff and moved in with her best friend...

now, that's cold.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 30 Dec 2012, 12:09

OMG. How callous. I assume it must've been going on before the holiday? Probably thought he might as well take it, and then go, but you hear about these things too often. It's the coward's way out. If people are going to split/leave, they should discuss how it's all going to be done, to minimise the pain. My own brother's done it, and I wasn't amused.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Yogi » 03 Jan 2013, 07:59

FB, the final authority for facts. :lmao1:

Oh come on ladies ... breakups are typically the product of some major dissatisfaction. The circumstances of the separation are designed to have maximum negative impact on the partner. Plus, since we don't know the facts, how can you accuse the male of being so callous? What did his mate do, or not do, to bring him to the breaking point?
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 03 Jan 2013, 10:28

Yogi - the guy went on his holiday, which both appeared to enjoy, then he comes home and doesn't even bother to unpack - he's off with his wife's best friend! That's callous in my book. Of course he had some reason to go, but why take the holiday first then, and why just go without trying to have one last talk about things?

I'll tell you why. If he'd told his wife BEFORE the holiday, either she, or both, wouldnt've even gone, so obviously he wanted to get that over with before shooting off? Thinking of himself, it seems to me.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 03 Jan 2013, 18:58

i happen to know TMI on that cuban break-up dennis: the wife - a short-time member here - had a g/f whose husband dumped her so she was hanging out at my friend's place a lot. apparently getting consoled a lot more than she expected. however, that was some 12 yrs ago and she's right now happily playing in cuba with her new spouse. :dance:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Yogi » 05 Jan 2013, 00:42

I never heard of a break up that was one sided, and somebody always ends up hurt. If the partner did not provide a reason for their mate to leave, none of the heartache could occur. When it does happen, it's silly to think it should be amicable. Sometimes it is, but more often than not both parties do things to inflict maximum hurt. It's not a nice world in spite of your sensibilities.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 05 Jan 2013, 07:59

Yes, there are always 2 sides to every story, but if someone leaves without explanation, the remaining person gets DOUBLE the heartache - not only by being left alone suddenly, but leaving them to wonder what they did wrong and how/why it all happened.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 05 Jan 2013, 11:02

never one-sided, but also never 50/50... and after working one's ass off to make everything perfect [one serious mistake of so many], one then sits there and wonders wtf...?
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 14 Feb 2013, 17:37

Think in that case maybe the relationship wasn't meant to be, in the first place, but then, no one knows that at the start do they?
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Family Relations