UK cancer treatment cuts

Topics pertaining to healthy bodies and minds can be examined here.

UK cancer treatment cuts

Postby Ice.Maiden » 14 Jan 2015, 21:57

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30787132

This makes me so angry.

Patients already on one or more of the 25 medications to be removed from our NHS shortly, will continue to get treated, but new patients won't be lucky enough to find out whether they'd respond to them or not.

Not only is this being done to cut costs, but even for those who pay for the medication're now having supplies of their drugs stopped if they're not lucky.

Considering how prevalent this disease is, I think it's one area that needs a boost in funds, not to reduce it. When you compare it to cosmetic surgery being made more available, I feel that the whole issue stinks. The drug companies won't compromise by reducing the cost of these drugs, which shows that it's profit over people - same old story.

They say that new treatments'll be there to be tried, but they were anyway. It literally is, just to save money, no matter what excuses they come up with.

When a person's suffering from any chronic illness, they all feel the same, whether rich or poor. To deprive the latter of prolonging their lives or making them feel better just seems cruel and heartless.

How do you see the problem?
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Re: UK cancer treatment cuts

Postby pilvikki » 15 Jan 2015, 08:44

how do I see it? callous and sadistic.

and let me guess; the people deciding all this would, of course! be of the group with no problems getting whatever meds THEY or theirs need.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 15 Jan 2015, 17:55

Absolutely.

It could be argued that we aren't a never-ending supply of free drugs, so cutbacks have to be made somewhere. Well OK then, let's start by culling the hospital management who appear to use their funds with abandon when the mood strikes.

One of our local hospitals (said before) commissions an artist to paint various internal walls with his murals, to the tune of £75,000 a time.

Operations such as cosmetic rhinoplasty and boob jobs are also carried out there.

If you want your varicose veins stripping, having harmless moles removed, liposuction or even a major such as a gastric band - fine, you've got it, but the oncology departments, dialysis and other areas that deal with life-threatening illnesses have to hold regular raffles, cake-selling days and dream up other ways of increasing their funding, a pittance as it may be.

Depriving patients of drugs which may be toxic but prolong their outlook seems intensely cruel.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 15 Jan 2015, 18:19

boob jobs are important! the admin's wives have to look good...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 15 Jan 2015, 19:18

LOL! I think most of them look awful, but probably make the recipient feel better.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Health