i knew that!

Topics pertaining to healthy bodies and minds can be examined here.

i knew that!

Postby pilvikki » 28 May 2013, 16:33

i have a big heart!

:lol:

went to see the cardiologist as my b/p is doing somersaults, all of a sudden just hitting the roof, then just humming along....

he [the doctor hisself], did an ultrasound and an ecg, along with the usual prodding. he then dictated a letter for his secretary to type to my gp, along with my own copy, while i waited.

so that cost me $124 US... which i'll get back when i get around to getting a healthcard.

can you beat that?

:shock:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: i knew that!

Postby Ice.Maiden » 28 May 2013, 17:31

Maybe not, but on a par with. Three years ago I had to travel 50-odd miles to have a special scan done. There were only two machines in use in the whole country. The scan itself took about 5 minutes, and cost well over £100. You don't get any money back either. :bleh:
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 30 May 2013, 15:35

what gets me most is the getting your results mailed to you the next day, or in this case, handed to you. holy cow, it's only recently that you were even allowed to have access to your own info in canada! you had to put in a request and give them a few days to pull the info.

[that fee, btw, translates to £84, didn't think of it before.... :)]
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 30 May 2013, 16:37

Ah, thanks. Exchange rates fluctuate all the time, so I'm never exactly sure of what, say, a dollar or euro equates to a pound, but know roughly.

Getting results depends on what you're waiting for. Some things need quite complicated tests doing on them - say like when counting cancer cells. They're still done by individuals, under a microscope, and it can be a lengthy task to get it right. X-rays can come back within a few minutes, but again, it depends on what's being looked at, and, of course, paying for your treatment can mean getting your results more quickly - but not always. Blood sugar levels can be quick, the same as INR testing, but most folk still have to wait for a couple of days minimum.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Health