GOUT - Genuine Disaster!

Topics pertaining to healthy bodies and minds can be examined here.

Re: GOUT - Genuine Disaster!

Postby Ice.Maiden » 30 Apr 2013, 02:59

Best of luck to the girl Jack. Sweeps are a form of induction which can be rather unpleasant, but at least the new arrival should be there fairly soon now. Must be very exciting for your son and his partner. Now come on g-dad, be charitable to the rest of us suffering folk! Are you feeling any better today?
Last edited by Ice.Maiden on 03 May 2013, 07:08, edited 1 time in total.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby JackGriffin » 02 May 2013, 15:21

:grin: Sidney Aloyisius Snot born 1st May 1705 BST - 7lbs 1oz :grin:

Foot v painful still - driving murders it! Back to docs next Thurs & I know I shall get a bo££ocking - for not keeping still - but I can't at prez!
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Location: Described by Weatherman - as much further down. North of Watford Gap think London too elitist

Postby Ice.Maiden » 03 May 2013, 07:10

Oh cruel granddad!!! Fantastic news though. Hope mummy and Little One are doing just fine.

Yep, get that foot sorted out asap. Not very nice for you.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby JackGriffin » 04 May 2013, 06:00

:grin: Together with 'Gizzard Puke' - Sid(ney Aloyisius) Snot was a 'nom de plume' of Kenny Everett - one of my all time comedy heroes! It's a complimentary name - honest! :grin:

I'm having real probs - playing the church organ - the foot action is very complicated - especially during a Bach Prelude! :pirate2: :thud: :dancer1:
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Location: Described by Weatherman - as much further down. North of Watford Gap think London too elitist

Postby Ice.Maiden » 04 May 2013, 09:39

Yes, I've seen some of Kenny's vids. They still make me smile even now.

Playing the church organ? Leave it out Jack - and I'll refrain from what I might've said. : )
What's the little chap's real name then? Bet his daddy's as proud as punch.

How's the foot today? It killed my uncle to try and drive when his gout was on.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby JackGriffin » 04 May 2013, 10:20

:grin: It's because they are naming grandsn 'Sidney' - that all the jokes are floating about! My name is grand & double barreled & son's partner 'doesn't do posh' & refuses to allow it on his birth cert! They are naming him Sidney Yates (her dad's name) S***** - which is half my name!!!!!!!!!!! Poor little bu$$er - will get called 'Syssy' at School! Partner comes from a strict vegetarian family & I'm also in the dog-house for asking the 'Obvious Question' - & she thinks we're POSH! My w*fe speaks 'Mockney'!!!!!!! :grin:

You wanna hear me play Bach's Toccata and Fugue - you disbeliever you! My Bach's Prelude no 1 in C major - would make you weep. That's the piano bit that Gounod based his version of Ave Maria upon! I know that I am Wagnostic - but they let me play at our beautiful local church - coz the Vic has a great sense of humour!

I have gout - I'll have it forever - but it is the hair-line that is causing the pain! I'm getting 'Grout' next - coz I've been - on the tiles!

:pirate2: :thunder: :dancer1:
Last edited by JackGriffin on 04 May 2013, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 04 May 2013, 13:11

Nothing wrong with Sidney my man, but I thought you were jesting!?? It's better than the Dwayne and Dwight sort, and, you'll laugh now but I got lumbered with the nick-name of Sid many years back when I dyed my hair and then cut it into a spiky punk style (my friends named me Sid, as in Sid Vicious!!).

I think your double-barrelled name's very good, and it's a shame that your grandson won't be keeping up the tradition.

Bach's Toccata in Fugue? Is that in D Minor? Well everyone knows that one, don't they - but if you can play that, then I must say you sound quite an adept musician! The first part's easy, but you astound me with your ability. OK., you might be joking, but I think maybe not! I can't play a piano at all, except a couple of things which I picked up by ear. Never been able to read music, and never will, but my eldest son's a whizz with it.

Sorry - forgot all about your hairline fracture. It'll mend. Meanwhile, think of the advantages - no mowing of lawns, no going up and down ladders ... ah, you can be lazy. : )
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby JackGriffin » 04 May 2013, 18:11

:grin: Yes - D minor - total showing off using music as way of saying - 'Listen - aren't I great!' Saying that - I only play for me - when church empty. If I get an audience of more than the church mice - that I know - I break into 'Greensleeves' or 'Chopsticks'! The title is actually 'and Fugue' not 'in Fugue' - but you ask 100 English musicians & 99 will say 'in' - as it makes more sense & rolls off the tongue more easily! Now that is enough of me being intelligent - I will get a bad name!! :grin:

I'm seriously not looking for sympathy & realise 'tis found twixt s*it & syphilis - in the Oxford Dictionary!!

Through lack of sleep I am bordering upon the Non Compost Mentits & so I shall away to my dreams - hopefully. :angel2:

I am sure that a proletariat pleb - would be overjoyed - with a 'Sidney' moniker - BUT - not an ancestor of Bill Le Conk!

Would be very interesting - if Chelsea & the Manx Scum drew - later today. It'll make it nice & tight - at the top. Enough of that - or I'll have - the wrong sort of dream! :pirate2: :juggle: :dancer1:
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby pilvikki » 05 May 2013, 09:24

i do hope all goes well once it starts! my youngest was 5 wks late, but don't tell her that, she might hit you... never mind, she WILL. :lmao4:

swept? almost as bad as some idiots who say "she gonna drop that kid soon?"

like wtf? obviously he'd been dropped. on his head...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby JackGriffin » 05 May 2013, 15:11

:grin: Grandson arrived May 1st Aunty P! 7lb 1oz :grin:

:pirate2: :clap2: :dancer1:
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby pilvikki » 05 May 2013, 17:08

pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Previous

Return to Health