tattoo testing

Topics pertaining to healthy bodies and minds can be examined here.

tattoo testing

Postby pilvikki » 09 Feb 2013, 07:55

pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: tattoo testing

Postby Ice.Maiden » 09 Feb 2013, 08:04

Wonderful - up to a point. I don't like the idea of everyone having to wear these things as a way to keep tabs on them.
Last edited by Ice.Maiden on 09 Feb 2013, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 09 Feb 2013, 08:13

not me. couldn't care less if someone is "keeping tabs" on me. they'd tire of it real quick!

however, if i'm sick, i'd like to be informed asap.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 09 Feb 2013, 08:51

Oh yes - it's a great step forward for being able to diagnose potentially harmful illnesses. I read somewhere that dogs can smell such things on the breath of their owners, so I suppose this takes it a step further, which's good science, but as you see by the article, the discovery has potential for all sorts of things - such as being used by the CIA to communicate with each other. Fantastic, but not if this's then developed to watch/listen to people's conversations in general and to monitor where they go. I could visualise this being introduced in the future, probably by putting one of these things on a person's tooth instead of tagging them when they're out on bail, etc., but then how far might they take it?

I've got nothing to worry about either, but I object to more Big Brother type surveillance on ordinary people. These new inventions are very clever, and if they're designed to help folk, then yes, it's a great step forward, but they can also be used in a way which I find ominous.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 10 Feb 2013, 14:54

there always is a sinister side to whatever's been discovered. :shrug:

personally i'd like all kids microchipped - thinking they're more precious than dogs - but nope, can't do that. it could lead to all kinds of trouble.

you know, stuff like that.

yet, how many satellites are flying over our houses at the moment?

:think:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 11 Feb 2013, 05:21

A lot!

Microchipping kids used to be a joke made by parents who said the only way of keeping complete tabs on them'd be to microchip them, but that's OK so long as parents keep an eye on the results of their whereabouts.

I also don't like the idea of people being forced to have these implants or stick-ons, because no one knows what the long-term effects of this might be, healthwise.

I can see the sense in it when your kids are off out on their own somewhere, and they might be late in or not where they're supposed to be, but I think these should be removable once they're back at home. Ours used to have long-range walkie talkies strapped to their jeans even when they played out in the garden. They were fond of going into the woods or where we couldn't see them, but if they didn't chat to us for a bit, they were still no good, and I didn't want any actual tracking or electronic listening device being used because of any dangers that might've been associated with them. Also, if these things became mandatory, whoever issues them can, at present, be done for electronic harrassment.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Health