flu vaccine problem

Topics pertaining to healthy bodies and minds can be examined here.

flu vaccine problem

Postby pilvikki » 05 Jan 2013, 18:55

pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: flu vaccine problem

Postby Ice.Maiden » 05 Jan 2013, 19:53

We heard about this around October time, and although it's said that the recalled batches were actually safe, please bear the following in mind, published by the Canadian Immunisation Guide for Pharmacists:

"Continual antigenic drift of the flu virus means that new vaccines, updated yearly, are needed to protect new infections.

8 vaccines are authorised for Canada - Fluviral. Vaxigrip, Agriflu, Influac, Intanza, Fluad, Fluzone and FluMist.

Fluad's only used for people 65 yearsd of age onwards.
Influvac is for people 18 or over.

Fluviral, Fluzone and Vaxigrip, which have fewer side effects than whole virus vaccines, do, however, contain Thimerosal (mercury), and all except FluMist contain formaldehyde!

They can keep the lot of them. Me and my youngest son are in high risk groups, but I'd rather take our chances than be injected with such hideous poisons.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 06 Jan 2013, 08:04

funny how they can justify anything....
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 06 Jan 2013, 11:10

Money comes before human safety it seems.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 07 Jan 2013, 11:32

always.......... :shrug:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 07 Jan 2013, 12:28

Well someone gave me a bottle of spray perfume for Christmas, and I thought I'd check out the long list of ingredients. Out of 24 things which it contained, including not one but two chemicals which're used in embalming fluid (one being BHT which shouldn't be released into the atmosphere!), only 6 of them were what I'd call harmless. I've written to the company to ask if they can't substitute these poisons for something less harmful, and expect to get back a standardised letter saying that the health & Safety bodies allow these chemicals because they're in such small doses.

Yes, yes, and how many times a night/day do some people liberally spray these things?
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 07 Jan 2013, 15:13

omg! reminded me of this poor girl i once worked with.... she marinated herself every day with some cheap body spray and it was thick enough to choke a roomful of spetsnaz. when we tried to explain to her that her nose had stopped working and that it was pretty potent, she'd sniff that "i just want to look and smell nice..." and keep pouring it on and dressing/talking like a hooker.

it was obvious the aroma wasn't the only thing thick about her...

shame, she was very pretty and a really nice girl, but nobody ever saw her as such.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 07 Jan 2013, 16:40

she marinated herself every day
:lmao1: Perfect description of over-enthusiastic use!!!

This often happens when young girls first start using them. The smell seems to wear off on the person who's wearing it, and even more rapidly where the alcohol content in perfumes's low. It's that which maintains the fragrance.

The nicest ones are the ones which come in layers. You might get the initial smell of the over-all thing, followed 10 minutes later by rose, cedarwood and so on, but it's the gentle waft of the final musk or other floral additives which lingers the longest. the person using the perfume becomes immune to the smell unless at close range, but others in the room can smell you a mile off, so to keep adding it just becomes rancid and revolting.

Body sprays are the worst, because they're short-lived, and once perspiration starts creeping through, it can smell putrid. The ones which work are horrible in other ways. They have added aluminium or something which blocks the pores. Buying cheap perfume might be because of preference of smell, but they're not economical. An expensive one contains real musk, delicate oils and fewer propellants/chemicals. The aroma wafts gently and doesn't "gas" you.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Health