collecting

Your drawings, your writings, your wood carvings, your arts and crafts - tell us about them all here.

collecting

Postby pilvikki » 12 Oct 2007, 16:02

do you collect anything free? i have a habit of collecting shells, stones, feathers... and i've no idea why i do that.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: collecting

Postby ClaireDU » 12 Oct 2007, 16:37

I have a collection of Australian stamps if anyone wants them..... Just a few but I can send any further additions as we seem to have new ones every week. :roll:
ClaireDU

Postby imbizze » 12 Oct 2007, 17:20

When we go on any sort of ocean vacation, I tend to gather a few shells from that place. I put them into decorative glass containers here at home. You have to love the price; FREE!

If I sit too long, I tend to collect dust too. :lmao1:
imbizze

Postby pilvikki » 12 Oct 2007, 20:19

:lmaof3:

claire, i have a stamp collection. a brief case full of them and i'm always saying i'll get around to sorting them one of these days... too bad they're mostly finnish and finnish stamps aren't worth much as all finns seemed to have collected them.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby AJRC » 16 Oct 2007, 16:00

When i was a boy i used to collect the stones that washed up on the beach, the really shiny and smooth stones. I used to have hundreds, all different shapes and colours. Can't remember what happened to them all, probably got thrown out when we moved away from the coast.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby StVandal » 16 Oct 2007, 16:20

I collect the odd hangover.
Those aren't free, though! :headache:
StVandal

Postby pilvikki » 16 Oct 2007, 16:22

try the even ones! :mrgreen:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby googie egg » 24 Oct 2007, 00:29

I also collect stamps, and trade them on the net with other people for other countries used stamps. I have one box with about 250,000 Aussie stamps in bundles of 100 like stamps. The ones I trade are sorted into about 2000 envelops in catalogue order so I can help people fill their want lists. I also have about 50 albums of stamps. It can get a little obsessive really......

If anyone would like 200 different used Australian stamps PM me with an address to send them to (you can use the address of a friend or work or what ever to keep your home address private) and you can collect 200 Australian stamps for free! (note, I won't be sending them out until after xmas as I am rennovating my house right now.)
googie egg

Postby pilvikki » 24 Oct 2007, 17:18

stamps?

YAY!

the more, the merrier!

what would you like in return?

:dance:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby VS~ » 25 Oct 2007, 13:43

I used to collect lots of stuff. Now I am in the process of determining what is really worth keeping ... I find fewer and fewer things go on that list.
VS~

Postby pilvikki » 25 Oct 2007, 17:01

when steve's grandmother died and m-i-l and i were standing in gramma's livingroom after the funeral she said to me: "pick anything you want out of here, the vultures have already picked through anything of value and the rest is going to a garage sale..."

it rather put a new spin on things...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Return to Hobbies and Interests