Winelover?

Your drawings, your writings, your wood carvings, your arts and crafts - tell us about them all here.

Winelover?

Postby NoMercy » 25 Jan 2010, 14:46

I love wine and winetasting.

Do you have a passion for wine? And if so, for which wine(s) do you have a passion?

I would ideally love to travel the wine regions of the world, hand-picking the very best and one day go into business selling only the wines I have approved myself. I would have to sell fine foods and cheeses/pates etc to accompany the fine wines I sell... :grin:
NoMercy

Re: Winelover?

Postby mamie » 26 Jan 2010, 07:42

I love wines that are sweet, fruity and white. I rarely drink red wine.

My favorites are Reisling and Pinot Grigio. I can go through an entire bottle by myself on slow Sunday afternoons when my husband is watching one football game after another.

I like Reisling with fish and sandwiches and Pinot Grigio with just about anything.

Any suggestions for what else I might like to try?
mamie
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby NoMercy » 26 Jan 2010, 17:15

HI Mamie...

Pinot and Riesling are two wines I will not drink if I can help it. They are what I regarded as "starter wines" in that I drank them when I was first introduced to wine as a teenager (we can drink at 18 in the UK)..

Now I infinitely prefer something less fragrant and more, say, herbaceous, rounded and dry. I like Verdejo (Spanish) and NZ Sauvignon Blancs and occasionally I will treat myself to a Pouilly Fumé (French Sauvignon Blanc).

On the red side... J'adore Australian Merlot and Shiraz, and the Spanish Ribera Del Dueros served with pates and cheeses is like dying and going to heaven.

But the best red wine I ever had was a Californian Zinfandel 2006 by the name of "Dragon's Bull". Simply stunning !!

Once you get into red wine, there is no turning back... :love:
NoMercy

Postby NoMercy » 12 Mar 2010, 12:20

Surely I can't be the only winelover on this site... :think:
NoMercy

Postby pinky » 12 Mar 2010, 18:23

I love white wine and rose. I like frascatti, a reisling or pinot grigio also.
pinky

Postby NoMercy » 14 Mar 2010, 13:46

Sounds like you enjoy quite a light wine, Pinky?
NoMercy

Postby pinky » 14 Mar 2010, 16:41

yes indeed I do and a lot of it also
pinky

Postby pastafreak » 14 Mar 2010, 21:28

I used to drink a lot of red,,,especially Australian...Shiraz was a favourite, as they pack a punch at 14%. I also liked Southern Italians like salice Salentino. Now i drink mostly white. Reds need company to be enjoyed.
pastafreak

Postby NoMercy » 15 Mar 2010, 17:16

pinky wrote:yes indeed I do and a lot of it also

You're a girl after my own heart, Pinky !

pastafreak wrote:I used to drink a lot of red,,,especially Australian...Shiraz was a favourite, as they pack a punch at 14%. I also liked Southern Italians like salice Salentino. Now i drink mostly white. Reds need company to be enjoyed.

Like you, Pasta, I love an Aussie Shiraz, and anything less than 14% is just a waste of my time. I'm not too acquainted with Italians. I tried Barolo once but tipped it away - I really didn't like it. But I have had one or two gorgeous North Italian Merlots when I've dined at Italian restaurants. I agree to a certain extent about what you say regarding company to drink red wine... I always associate drinking red with colder months of the year and having plates of food or nibbles to bring out the flavour of the wine. With white wine, I prefer it in the summer months and can quite easily just drink a glass whilst running a bath - no company needed. :lol:
NoMercy

Postby Tomsk » 11 Aug 2010, 08:19

no mercy is a lover of booze full stop,bless her.
Tomsk
Top Level Poster
Top Level Poster

Return to Hobbies and Interests