Personal pursuits

Your drawings, your writings, your wood carvings, your arts and crafts - tell us about them all here.

Personal pursuits

Postby van » 02 May 2008, 08:19

Kia ora

I like to wind people up. Not on a personal basis but more in the nature of activating them. There is so much B!!@S!@ being circulated, so much disconnectedness (new word? :grin: ) apathy, victimness blah,blah,blah etc. People are s!@ scared, lost their independent nature, comply to this,that and everything and have lost the testicular fortitude to either acknowledge their stupidity or stand up to "authority"! My aim in life is to arouse people, not to violence, but to say "F!@#$% this is enuf, and no bloody further!" Alas I fear I am peeing into a howling NorWester and getting an Irish Shower! Google both and perhaps you'll understand.

Arohanui
shalom
Bill
van
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Re: Personal pursuits

Postby pilvikki » 02 May 2008, 16:30

i think i get the gist of things without google. hehe.

i have an opinion on this, even though it may surprise you -- that i do.... :lmao4:

tv.

i'm thinking tv is flattening people's ambitions, initiatives and the very lives to wanting nothing more than the next episode of, well, basically -- nothing.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Flogo » 02 May 2008, 18:06

Ahhhh! At last some kindred spirits when it comes to that great wasteland known as TV. And/or almost anything else battering our senses.
I sometimes wish I had a two way TV - one where my scintillating remarks would be piped back to the studios from whence the picture is being beamed.
Flogo
Bawdy ol' Broad
Bawdy ol' Broad

Postby pilvikki » 02 May 2008, 21:06

I sometimes wish I had a two way TV - one where my scintillating remarks would be piped back to the studios from whence the picture is being beamed.

me, too, g/f, me too....
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby van » 01 Jun 2008, 19:18

Kia ora

Like all things, we are what we fill our minds with. Shit in, shit out!. One of the reasons I watch little TV, particularly so-called entertainment and "reality" shows. I watch the News, which depending on the channel is still passable. For the rest the odd film or documentaries. Most of them are taped thus allowing me to bypass stupid ads (more prevalent then ever) and also if I have not heard something properly, go back and determine just exactly what has been said.

I hope that in my own way this is working. When I first arrived here, there was hardly a letter in the local paper, particularly when it came to questioning the way Local bodies spent the ratepayers monies. Now every 2nd day there is almost a half page of letters. There are also those who approach me with topics they would like seeing raised as well as some insider info which is passed my way.
That of course requires very careful handling so your sources aren't implicated and dry up.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so."

Bertrand Russell

Arohanui
Shalom
Bill
van
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 01 Jun 2008, 21:45

some days i'd just love NOT to have to think. prdoductive or not, it never seems to cease.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Return to Hobbies and Interests