January on the Oregon coast

Your drawings, your writings, your wood carvings, your arts and crafts - tell us about them all here.

January on the Oregon coast

Postby G5Pontiac » 01 Feb 2008, 01:16

The beach and driving along the ocean are marvelous in the summer. But, there are more dramatic scenes in the winter. The summer is yum yum, but the ocean declares a different character in winter. I took these two pictures on Cape Foul Weather today, and although they are mundane for here, I still like common winter scenes like this between the rain squalls.
http://www.onthisdayinoregon.com/03_07.html

[ img ]

[ img ]
G5Pontiac

Re: January on the Oregon coast

Postby mamie » 01 Feb 2008, 07:12

Love your pictures G5. I like the name Cape Foul Weather - it describes so many coastal spots on both coasts!

Just looking at your pictures makes me want to grab the boat out of storage and head out.....
mamie
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Yogi » 01 Feb 2008, 08:33

Magnificent photography G5. Have you ever entered any photo contests? I think you have some winners here.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 02 Feb 2008, 18:24

fabulous! :clap:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby StVandal » 02 Feb 2008, 22:28

I've only been down the Oregon coast a few times, but I can't think of anyplace I've been that is more picturesque, besides maybe the Aleutian Islands. (Edit- ok, not more so but on par). Even if the weather is wretched and the rain is coming at you sideways, the scenery is absolutely beautiful. The Washington coast is pretty, but the Oregon coast has us beat in the breathtaking view department.
StVandal

Postby pilvikki » 03 Feb 2008, 00:52

i'm told i have to see it!!! too bad someone stuck it at the wrong side of the continent. :bleh:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby G5Pontiac » 03 Feb 2008, 02:00

All my pictures on this site, including those ocean pictures evaporated. I guess the image download site failed. http://bf.gaff.cc/ It's not there anymore.
G5Pontiac

Postby Yogi » 03 Feb 2008, 13:10

G5Pontiac wrote:All my pictures on this site, including those ocean pictures evaporated. I guess the image download site failed. http://bf.gaff.cc/ It's not there anymore.

I can still see your pictures in this thread and note they are hosted on the gaff server.

It may be prudent to find another hosting service in that I've tried contacting the upload tool developer for upadates, but have not received any response yet. For the time being, we are recommending this procedure:

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=1348
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby G5Pontiac » 03 Feb 2008, 22:51

They're back. Evidently the gaff server was down for awhile; and I see that the site must be up in order for the pictures to remain here. Thank you, Yogi, and I'll try the method that you suggest.
G5Pontiac

Postby Linda » 05 Feb 2008, 13:40

They are really breathtaking pictures, especially the first one! I love how the sun shines down through the clouds on an otherwise dark ocean!
Linda
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Return to Hobbies and Interests