Detail of my area on a collaborative piece

Your drawings, your writings, your wood carvings, your arts and crafts - tell us about them all here.

Detail of my area on a collaborative piece

Postby Wrick » 21 Aug 2007, 21:35

this is a detail - the golden rectangle and gecko are mine. the gecko is about 6 inches long. the entire painting piece is 20 x 20 inches. the entire piece should pass through about 10 people twice. then be photographed and that image made into a chunky page. with the larger painting possibly going to an exhibition...

[ img ]

the paint i used is acrylic.
Wrick

Re: Detail of my area on a collaborative piece

Postby Wrick » 21 Aug 2007, 21:37

hey. i like that. looks good. the yellow of the rectangle is actually a metallic acrylic paint so there is a sheen to it which does not show up in the photo.
Wrick

Postby Ohlia » 21 Aug 2007, 21:48

That's really nice. I like that. It reminds me of Mexican art.
Ohlia

Postby Wrick » 21 Aug 2007, 21:54

thanks ohlia - now that you say that - the colors have that feel to me too. may be the imagery as well.

this is only a small portion of the entire piece tho. so it may have a different feel in the larger context. and by now a lot has been added. that was my addition in the first round.
Wrick

Postby pilvikki » 21 Aug 2007, 23:26

what a fabulous idea!

:clap:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby petunia princess » 22 Aug 2007, 00:54

I hope you'll post a picture of the completed collaborative piece. It will be interesting to see.

Cool work/play, BTW!
petunia princess

Postby Wrick » 24 Aug 2007, 08:03

it's an ongoing project... but i think it's stalled. each person started a 20x20 piece and sent that on to the next person. i've worked in about 8? 9? but i havnt had one for a long time now. these are major projects that are scheduled for a year or more sometimes. sometimes they do get side tracked. if/when i get my starter piece back i may suggest we each finish our own off and go from there in the process rather than a 2nd round of creating. i'm not worried. it's like this sometimes in the world of mail art. ya can not have fun if you do not play tho... so... away it goes...
Wrick

Postby Ohlia » 24 Aug 2007, 14:43

Wrick wrote:it's an ongoing project... but i think it's stalled. each person started a 20x20 piece and sent that on to the next person. i've worked in about 8? 9? but i havnt had one for a long time now. these are major projects that are scheduled for a year or more sometimes. sometimes they do get side tracked. if/when i get my starter piece back i may suggest we each finish our own off and go from there in the process rather than a 2nd round of creating. i'm not worried. it's like this sometimes in the world of mail art. ya can not have fun if you do not play tho... so... away it goes...

I don't think I would have the patients to play that game, neither have others dabble in my unfinished paintings. When I start something, like a project as such, I'd want to finish it myself and in a timely manner. Good for you on being so trusting and patient. I applaud you. [ img ]
Ohlia

Postby Wrick » 25 Aug 2007, 10:13

those are two separate areas ohlia. i can be very territorial with my work. AND i like to be able to finish work in one "sitting" - even if it takes me hours... altho i do a number of things that take me days to complete too... if not more...

if i know going into the game that it's for others to work on. and the scope of the project - meaning time.... then i can deal with it in that mode and it's ok...
Wrick

Postby Ohlia » 25 Aug 2007, 10:36

:mrgreen: well ... I wondered there for a moment. :!: :think:
Ohlia

Postby Wrick » 20 Sep 2007, 02:46

i wouldnt be so please to have some one add their own ideas to a work of mine that was not intended for collaboration. collaboration projects are set up to be that way tho... big difference. set up the right way it's a lot of fun.
Wrick

Postby ladypatg » 23 Sep 2007, 02:41

Love your new avatar, Wrick!
ladypatg
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Wrick » 31 Dec 2007, 15:19

me 2, ladypat. me 2
Wrick

Postby imbizze » 31 Dec 2007, 15:27

It's been a long time since I have seen any of your art. It's awesome, as usual! My sweatshirt that you designed is still hanging in there and is one of my comfy favorites! :grin:

I hope all is well in paradise!
imbizze

Postby Wrick » 31 Dec 2007, 16:32

aloha imbizze. *smile* i saw that you were here. that is way cool. i was delighted to see you here.

as most here will tell you i drift in and out... or upside down and under as the case may be.

it is such a delight to know you still have that shirt. i stopped doing much on that site for a while - but recently have begun again - it still needs a lot of work.

i got into a lot of mail art stuff and i'm having a great time with it - altho i'm of course scrambling buzzy bizzy all the time - but doing things i want to do mostly.

mostly paradise is paradise altho it's not paradise the way most people think it might be... it's still where i want to be tho. and fun too. ...even if it is raining and flash flooding alot right now...

i hope you are doing well. i hope your new year is terrific. be well. be peace.

have fun imbizze - it's the right thing to do. yes. always always always have fun - aloha - Wrick (1da)
Wrick

Return to Hobbies and Interests