stamps

Your drawings, your writings, your wood carvings, your arts and crafts - tell us about them all here.

Re: stamps

Postby Wrick » 11 Jan 2008, 08:07

those were fun to make too ladypatg - i was disappointed when cafepress stopped doing them - altho i know i can do them on other sites, it was nice to have them available on 19 Planets. i have a few left but i send them out rarely now.

which one did you get? i'll try to remember and send a different one next time.

(just so people know, these stamps are only valid in the USA so i cant send them internationally)
Wrick

Postby ladypatg » 12 Jan 2008, 08:04

I got a yellow, orange and red ombre person on a blue blocks forming a circle background with a moon and star. It's beautiful!
ladypatg
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Wrick » 15 Jan 2008, 05:10

i like that one too ladypatg - that's one i did from one of my watercolors and then worked it with digital technology. i wanted to see what would happen and i like the way it came out. i'd do more like that if i were doing more stamps. i'll try to remember and send you a different one next time. cool.
Wrick

Postby pilvikki » 16 Jan 2008, 00:58

there's a stamp show here on the 2nd. i need to remember to go and see what they have there. hmmm, how am i going to remember...?
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Wrick » 16 Jan 2008, 04:24

mail yourself a reminder postcard pilvikki.

i'd suggest making a note on a post-it and putting it on a mirror - but that only works for me for a couple of days before hand. more than a couple of days and i get used to it being there and forget to look at it and see what the message actually says...
Wrick

Postby pilvikki » 17 Jan 2008, 00:43

exactly!

i believe it has to be a card...

thanks for the poke! :love:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Wrick » 17 Jan 2008, 02:38

:dance:

well... that's sort of a poke.

so here are two (#4 & #5) postcards i did for a postal stamp postcard swap:

[ img ]

the requirement was to include 3 postage stamps. then you sent in 3 postcards and got 3 back that others did. 3 for 3. most of the stamps i used were not rare altho some were from a few years ago. one of the stamps on one of these cards is one of mine... so i guess that one is rare.
Wrick

Postby pilvikki » 19 Jan 2008, 00:50

that is such a totally cool idea! :clap:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Wrick » 19 Jan 2008, 07:49

it was fun too. i got 3 great cards in return as well. there is a swap i'm tempted to do that is going on right now called "Stamp People" (i think this is a repeating theme among some groups) - the idea being to use a stamp with a face on it and create a being/creature around it. some i've seen are awesome and funny - they dont all turn out to be human bodies of course. these are being done on ATCs (Artist Trading Cards).

the reason i'm not doing that is that i'm setting up to do a Faux Artistamp sheet swap. it might be several sheets of stamps so i'm trying not to over commit. you can read about them here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistamp
Wrick

Previous

Return to Hobbies and Interests