stamps...

Your drawings, your writings, your wood carvings, your arts and crafts - tell us about them all here.

stamps...

Postby pilvikki » 23 Sep 2010, 20:45

wanna see someone ADD go crazy?

i got quite carried away with gathering stamps off ebay and didn't realize how they add up... there never seemed to be time to sort and place them and now that i have the time and a safe place to do it, i've been up to my eyebrows in them.

how to sort them though? at first i thought i'd do it by continent. bright idea? not! they've gone and renamed half the world since i played African Star in the jurassic era. what are all those countries so small you need a passport to stretch out properly and what happened to congo, ivory coast and i could have sworn Montenegro for one would belong to the new africa, but no...

so i filled the entire dining room table with envelopes and sheets of stamps. i got the new aquisitions and sorted them by country/topic. this is murder when you get places like malta, malaya, magyar, mayanmar, mauritania, st micheleon and burma all in front of you. :thud:

next you have to find a place for all these countries and now find that you have 138 canadian, 44 russian, 317 finnish, 5 irish, 21 swedish and 73965 individuals stamps that don't fit anywhere.

:rex:

oh well... it's still fun... for some reason.

:shrug:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: stamps...

Postby Ice.Maiden » 24 Sep 2010, 04:39

I found the same problem when I used to collect stamps when I was a child. Seemed to have loads of the blasted things which wouldn't fit anywhere!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 24 Sep 2010, 16:19

i found a solution, i'm giving them away.

:lol:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 24 Sep 2010, 16:44

Lol! I DID used to swap a few with my friend, but then ended up with further rubbish which no one seemed to want. In the end, I gave the hobby up.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Hobbies and Interests