Warning to e-smokers!

Tell us your animal stories. Give and receive advice about pets.

Warning to e-smokers!

Postby Ice.Maiden » 17 Feb 2014, 18:36

Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Re: Warning to e-smokers!

Postby brandtrn » 18 Feb 2014, 08:42

Wow! So sad for the puppy. :vrysad: As an e-cigarette user AND a pet parent, I am at a loss to explain the actions of this poor pup's owners. Nicotine is VERY toxic to pets, and the nicotine contained in just ONE of those cartridges is equal to what can be found in a whole pack of cigarettes! How they could have left any of those cartridges within that poor little soul's reach is beyond my comprehension. I have *always* kept my cartridges well out of the way of inquiring doggy mouths. It's just safer that way...
brandtrn
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Re: Warning to e-smokers!

Postby Ice.Maiden » 18 Feb 2014, 10:17

Some people just don't think, do they, but to be honest, I doubt if a lot would, hence me posting the sad article. We all know that pups get into all sorts of mischief, and'll try and eat anything, but as with yourself, I'm always aware that dropped items can be harmful to pets. With having 4 dogs who're always with me, I'm ultra careful about dropping rubber bands or staples and so on, so I make sure that these're kept safely.

A pup'll see most things as game, but I was horrified to hear recently that a woman in the village was laughing about her Spaniel eating "lots of chocolate and raisins". I really think that some people ought to take lessons in how to care for their animals properly, but perhaps the owner of the above dog was totally unaware of the dangers of e-cigarette capsules. I don't have that problem, but smoke a few ordinary cigarettes which're probably worse. : (
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Pets and Animals