Test your vocabulary.

Post games you invented or games you found online for us to play. Serious gamers are encouraged to discuss their PC and gamebox interests.
Forum rules
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
Image posting guidelines can be found HERE.

Re: Test your vocabulary.

Postby kg » 12 Aug 2011, 14:10

LOL! They undoubtedly do change it regularly! If they left it the same, people could go to it multiple times, memorize what what was there, then ace it and brag on how "smert" they were. :P

Besides, it'd get pretty boring if it was the same thing every time, and people would stop dropping by to try it again. I haven't tried it yet...too lazy, I guess...but I'm fairly secure in my vocabulary skills, anyway. I intend to visit it, eventually.

Hmmm....maybe now.
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby kg » 12 Aug 2011, 14:51

26,000?! Well I never!! :snoot:

There were a few words (well, quite a few) that while I understood the concepts, I couldn't come up with an exact definition of, so I didn't check them. Other than that, they had some tough words when I took it...some of the words I could swear they made up! It was like reading a Stephen R. Donaldson novel! :think:

I came across a couple of words that made me chuckle, like "pittance". Do I ever know what "pittance" means! One glance at my paycheck...let's just say they aren't forced to issue two of them due to running out of space to print all the numbers! :lol:

You and me, TT! I guess we'll just have to settle with saying more with less words. :P
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby Ice.Maiden » 12 Aug 2011, 15:16

ROFL.

No Glenn, it's not the words which they changed, but the actual wording of what's required by the quiz itself. At first, it asked for one word only to describe the words in each box - getting more difficult by the page. A few words I didn't know at all, plenty I did (so could think of an alternative) - but then it leaves you with the pesky ones which one word alone doesn't seem to adequately describe. Still think I did well though - and no, I didn't cheat! : )
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Silke » 13 Aug 2011, 02:53

The second page chances based on what you checked on the first page.
Silke
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 13 Aug 2011, 19:15

Anyone got any more of those test-type things? I like them!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Previous

Return to Games People Play