RIP Sherriff Andy Taylor

Discuss your favorite YouTube video, pod casting, DVD, cinema, radio or television shows.
Forum rules
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
You must own any photographs published here, or be prepared to show authorization to publish copyrighted content.

RIP Sherriff Andy Taylor

Postby kg » 03 Jul 2012, 11:32

Andy Griffith passed away at 7 AM this morning. He certainly made many contributions to the early days of television. Sheriff Andy Taylor of "The Andy Griffith Show" (Ron Howard got his start right there in Mayberry as well as Jim Nabors, who got his start on that show. Don Knotts was most famous for his role as Barney Fife.), and Matlock, among other roles and appearances.

[ img ]
Andy Griffith dies at age 86
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Re: RIP Sherriff Andy Taylor

Postby Yogi » 07 Jul 2012, 10:17

I loved the country style humor of Andy Griffith. Among the first 45rpm disks I purchased was a bit where he describes football as a country boy who never saw the game before. It was hilarious and I was in my late teens when I thought so. I just saw Beaver Cleaver yesterday as my wife was watching TV. I'd not doubt that Andy too is still running around Mayberry, somewhere.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby bermbits » 07 Jul 2012, 20:33

"Gee, Ward. you were a little hard on the Beaver last night." I doubt that was funny when I watched way back when. There were so many shows that I grew with that probably taught me good from bad (Superman, Rin Tin Tin, Father Knows Best, Ozzie and Harriet, Donna Reed Show, Andy Griffith, etc.). We have come a long way (not necessarily for the better).
bermbits
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby kg » 08 Jul 2012, 00:39

bermbits wrote:There were so many shows that I grew with that probably taught me good from bad (Superman, Rin Tin Tin, Father Knows Best, Ozzie and Harriet, Donna Reed Show, Andy Griffith, etc.). We have come a long way (not necessarily for the better).

Yes, and I shudder to contemplate some of their replacements! :?
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby Tomsk » 19 Aug 2012, 06:21

R.I.P pardner..
Tomsk
Top Level Poster
Top Level Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 26 Nov 2012, 05:24

Sorry, I've never heard of him, but obviously he was well known in the US. RIP.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to MultiMedia