different kind of drug bust!

Tell us what's happening in your part of the world.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged.
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

different kind of drug bust!

Postby pilvikki » 08 Oct 2014, 07:15

you've got be f'n kidding me! WHY to these people breed????

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152451333584091&fref=nf
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: different kind of drug bust!

Postby Ice.Maiden » 08 Oct 2014, 17:24

Horrendous. It looks as though some're so drug-addled that they forget about contraception. Their children should go to decent foster parents.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 08 Oct 2014, 18:27

it seems there were 3 of them removed from the home...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 08 Oct 2014, 18:42

Right - I missed that. Well I don't agree with drug addicts and alcoholics having children around them. Even if the adults're "careful" around their needs, there's always the chance of an accident, and I don't believe that anyone under the influence of substances has the ability to watch over their kids properly. Just a personal opinion through having witnessed people in that state.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 09 Oct 2014, 18:43

never mind "in that state", some 2 decades ago I had 7 year old granddaughter nik staying with me. one day her teacher calls me about the deck of smokes in her lunch...

"what?"

I automatically look up to the top of the fridge, where I keep them so that i'd have to get up and get one, instead of absentmindedly just reaching for one off the desk.

...and there sits her lunch bag.

:shock:

now, this was 20 years ago, now they'd probably would arrest me for child endangerment or something.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 09 Oct 2014, 19:20

I can understand what happened, but when folk leave dangerous drugs and paraphernalia around, they shouldn't have kids in the vicinity. I don't really think that drug addicts or dealers should have kids full-stop.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 10 Oct 2014, 15:42

beats me...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 10 Oct 2014, 19:32

It's one of those subjects where everyone has a different take on it - you know, like drug addicts can still be loving parents.

I'm sure they can, but they don't love their kids enough to get help in beating their addictions, which's completely different from having meds in the house and finding that a child's managed to get hold of them by accident. Once bitten, most people'd never leave them around again would they, because the thought of what might happen'd be enough to secure them away properly.

Drugs're not much different to someone having plenty of alcohol though. When our first-born was just a matter of weeks old, a friend I'd known for years paid us a visit. She drank far too much and ended up drunk, but I didn't realise HOW drunk until she went upstairs.

She reappeared a minute later, holding the baby in her arms, and cooing how beautiful he was. Then she swayed, and almost toppled downstairs with my son. I could see what was going to happen, and dashed up towards them as she fell against the bannister. She's never been in the house since.

This person isn't an alcoholic, but obviously wasn't capable of holding a child, let alone looking after one. I'm sure it was a one-off, but it could've ended up as a tragedy, so I've got really strong views re. people abusing substances, especially when they're around kids.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 12 Oct 2014, 14:40

:shock:

bh! that's scary!
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 12 Oct 2014, 15:44

It certainly was. My heart was in my mouth, but it doesn't take much for someone to become unsteady if they've had drink or drugs. A spliff could've caused the same effect, let alone anything stronger.

Parents who're substance-dependent shouldn't keep those substances in the house where children could get to them. More than that, I don't think they should have kids at all. Which's more important - a child's welfare or living in a chemically-altered state of mind? Unfortunately, the latter happens all too often.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to In Other News