Hmmmmmmm

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Hmmmmmmm

Postby van » 25 Dec 2013, 01:40

Kia ora

Having absented myself for some time, perhaps time to return and do something about the prodigal manner in which I have treated the Local Manor! Local Media [Fairfax (sic)] have facilitated comment on "Topical" issues and never one to let an opportunity go bye, or is it by? I put in my 2 cents worth.
Predictably any comments which contradict current MSM Policy at any given time, fail to see light of day, altho I have had some success in ignored posts being accepted at a later date ie 4-8 hrs later, depending on who is in charge of 'Administrating' duty, being either more gullible or perceptive about what I have to offer; take your pick.

Current concerns centre about curbing self destruction as in the rising trend of suicides and whether or not euthanasia is an acceptable means of terminating one's current existence on a Planet which is hopelessly f@#$%^ed up trying to determine where to start the next World War!
For light relief we are titillated with stories of families in "Poverty", looking after a clowder of cats made homeless due to earthquakes. Mind you, pictures accompanying the said (sad?) story reveal parents grinning like Cheshire cats, kids well dressed and furniture most certainly way and beyond what I would spend on it.

Interspersed with all such depressing news there is a glimmer hope that Global Warming might, and I use the word 'Might' carefully, reduce the cost of heating. Currently we are supposed to be experiencing Summer, but it is bloody cold and wet as opposed hot and dry! Then all the hullabaloo about 'drink drivers', an emotive issue which is played to its fullest extent, this despite the fact that more people continue to be killed by "SOBER" drivers than anything else. Paul Joseph Goebbels, in his capacity as Propaganda Minister of the Third Reich must be turning in his grave at the way current bullshit manipulates the masses!

Yes dear friends, Shit Happens! The Media and their Political Masters have seen fit to present such occurrences as all the more reason why we ought to, without question, obey Big Brothers every utterance. While we do so at our peril, we seem to be bereft at any meaningful objection to their endeavours.
C'est la vie!

Arohanui
Aio
Bill
van
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Re: Hmmmmmmm

Postby Yogi » 01 Jan 2014, 11:07

There have always been complaints about the powers that be, mostly from those who have no power. At times the wailing and gnashing of teeth seems to be no more than an attempt to gain attention much in the same vein as a street urchin's temper tantrum. Perhaps I've engaged in some of that myself. Now and days I ignore the mainstream media and keep connected with the grass roots crowd. The mainstream is broadcasting entertainment that is being paid for by sponsors of the news media. Then there are the editors with agendas. I've known for a long time that what you see and read in the main is entertainment, not an objective depiction of current events. For many years I've had no need to be entertained in that fashion, and the quality of my life has improved substantially as a result. Oh, it's not that I'm suffering from blissful ignorance. I just can see the mass media for what it is and accept it as such.

Life on earth is not as simple as you would think. No Big Brother could take hold of 7 billion denizens. As the population increases in numbers and the space between us lessens, the complications will increase exponentially. Sometimes I think a war that wipes out half the population of earth might be a good thing for future generations.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby van » 02 Jan 2014, 03:00

Kia ora Dennis

Do I detect an acceptance that things aren't as rosy as what we would like them to be? From my perspective, the fiasco in England with Murdoch and his Media Empire having been found out and thrown to the wolves of Public Scrutiny has made the 'People' realise that perhaps there is some truth bandied about us being treated like mushrooms and fed a lot of shite while being kept in the dark about what really is important.

Like you say, "the grassroots crowd" seem to have a more secure grasp of reality then those punters who lap up whatever the Mainstream Media crap dishes out. It has been with interest that I have followed the scarce reports coming out of Iceland where the population seems to have more balls than anywhere else on the Planet and taking not only their Politicians to task but also demanding a fair deal.

My darker moments have been illuminated somewhat by a recent video clip which I would like to share with you all. There is a quote attached to the article which truly lifted my spirits and one which I must memorise to allay any 'Medical' observations that I may have a 'Mental' issue!

"It is no measure of Health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick Society"
Jiddu Krisnamu
The Gift of Depression « Just Wondering - Alternative News and Opinions Just Wondering – Alternative News and Opinions
http://www.zengardner.com/gift-depression/

Take care
Arohanui
Aio
Bill
van
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Yogi » 02 Jan 2014, 08:06

I don't think there is anything wrong with the world more than was wrong shortly after Adam and Eve started to populate the planet. Your perspective on things is decidedly pessimistic for which I do not blame you personally. Apparently you are looking in all the negative places for enlightenment. Make no mistake. The mass media is important and has useful information, even in it's news broadcasts. However, it is incumbent upon the viewer to keep it all in perspective, i.e. for the most part you are viewing sponsored content in the the mass media. In today's high tech environment there is more than enough enlightenment from the bottom up (grass roots) to counter balance the top down feeds (mass media) of profit centered corporations. Don't limit yourself to one type of news source is all I'm saying.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby van » 02 Jul 2014, 04:22

Kia ora Friends and Neighbours.

The wheel keeps turning, the Flesh while willing is weakening yet my wrath is in no way diminished. As and when your time comes to vacate this mortal coil do it in style, kick ass and go out with a bang rather than a whimper
Sorta, kinda, I forgot about this post, and filling in time on a cold (where is Global Warming when you MOST NEED IT???) winters nite reread some of it. My battle with the Media continuous and I rejoice in that I appear to be having some success. Two papers in particular, the Nelson Mail and the Waikato Times have been a thorn in my side, repeatedly allowing attacks on yours truly yet refusing the "Right of Reply".

Getting somewhat pissed off I launched a strong attack on both which seems to have either educated the perhaps biased 'administrators' or circumvented them and gone right to the top and elicited an acknowledgement (tho not in any form to me personally) that seeing they solicit points of view it should be implemented on a basis of 'neither fear nor favour' . In both papers there was mention of a measles outbreak which solicited a mass outbreak of paranoia and uninformed comment laying the blame (without sbstance) on "tinfoil hatted anti-vac and anti-fluoride hippies".
Picking up cudgels on behalf of blameless sections of Society my initial rebuffs were finally printed and sadly none of the noddies have had the gumption to challenge me. You guys know me, more than one barrel and all 'locked and loaded'!

Now, climate change has been added to the mix. My comment :"Climate change is like a woman, comes and goes periodically; Frigid in Winter, Hot in Summer" appears to be not acceptable. Neither, for that matter was my comment regarding rising sealevels "Hey it only happens at high tide!". Ah yes, you canna take life too seriously, taking the piss is much more fun.

Speaking of which. Spent abit of time at the Hospital, Monday blood test, Tuesday biopsy (too close to the family jewels for comfort; fortunately a steady hand and no "OOPS") tomorrow CAT scan. then patiently await for the boffins to seperate my alien from human DNA and determine what if anything is wrong with me. Prior to the biopsy a nurse came by, deciding to save some pubic hair away. I asked if the sensation was akin to using a vibrator? not a smile!!! Which reminds me "You know why pubic hairs are curled? So they don't poke your F!@#$%^ eyes out!" But I digress

Got a bit lucky last week, well actually it goes back about 3 weeks. Went to play Pool at the Club one night when I bought a raffle ticket. Well actually, there weren't many left so I picked 2, 37 and 7. Lo and behold I won with no 7. So now I am the proud owner of a "HELICOPTER"!! Bugger me, hardly been advised I had won it when the guy I was playing pool against suggested we make the game more interesting and play for the Chopper! YEAH RIGHT! When I was about 17, I was hustled in a Pool game and never forgot! Tough cheese boy! Then the following week, again playing Pool, I put my dollar into the one armed bandit and collected $50. That following Friday I was supposed to have my biopsy. Turned up at the Hospital with Maureen only to be advised that it had been cancelled till the following Tuesday. Leaving the Hospital, I suggested to Maureen we go and have a drink at the Club. Arriving there buying our drinks, another dollar returned another $50! Now these are cards which you flip up a tab which spell out (in this case BINGO) if you win. The colour code for $50 being grey. So, again tonite, playing pool at the Club I get a card. Flip the first tab GREY! another $50? No, not that lucky, tho I would have pissed myself laughing if I had.

Now that I have brought you up to date, time for me to once again disappear for a while. Haven't been whitebaiting for the past couple of yrs, last yr having had a lump removed from my thigh and another one replacing it about 1 inch away from where the old one was, hence the Hospital visits currently. Besides that lots of problems with mobility and backache and methinks it will be pissing down this yr just like last yr. Maybe time to gracefully (see, I take the piss all the time) wither and shrivel away.
Take care, till next time

Arohanui
Aio
Bill
van
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 02 Jul 2014, 13:47

love your prose!

:lmao4:

while sorry about your health problems. it's a price to pay for getting old enough to become a nuisance for one's kids.

and btw, we need an update on these scans of yours so don't even think of vanishing for weeks!

:mrgreen:
Last edited by pilvikki on 02 Oct 2014, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby van » 01 Oct 2014, 04:12

Kia ora all

Coming to terms with my infirmities.
"My eyes are dim I cannot see, my legs no longer support me......."
What a load of bollocks we are fed when young! "They got married and lived happily ever after", "Growing old gracefully" and many more. Rubbish!
Nice to know however you are not the only one but cold comfort when the bodily functions no longer function.

Methinks my whitebait days are numbered given that a misstep on the edge of the river will at best result in a cold dunking. On the otherhand, many a trip promised by boat yet not undertaken, now beckon to experience a different perspective denied landlubbers. Taking the boat trailer for a road worthy inspection tomorrow and after that who knows what will happen at the next tide.

Speaking of which, we are contemplating visiting Stewart Island sometime within the next yr or so.
http://www.stewartisland.co.nz/
Talked of doing this for many yrs so perhaps a good time to 'walk the talk'. Given its popularity we would go off season either May or late November. Looking at historical weather patterns, May might
be the best bet. Other than that, I am contemplating(planning) a solo trip to visit some of my old haunts and meeting up with old mates before Xmas. Been on the agenda for some time but something always seemed to come up and thus it never eventuated. Maybe Maureen can be persuaded to come along, just have to wait and see.

Take care
Arohanui
Aio
Bill
van
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 02 Oct 2014, 14:44

oh hell, I can so relate... had some-rays of my spine and well, the discs have been played out, the vertebrae are dissolving, the whole stack is misaligned at the bottom with L5 (I think it was) offset by ¼". so, no acrobatics for moi, or i'll snap the damn thing. great. an operation to look fw to and until then i'll make like a good dog: sit. stay.

bot our style, is it?

I looked up the Island and it looks gorgeous! so yes, do get yourself over there! and why not in the summer, they claim the temperatures may reach mid twenties. oooh, sizzling or what? :lol:

well, whatever you do, I hope you'll enjoy it. say hi! to Maureen!

:love:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 02 Oct 2014, 16:37

Good luck with everything Bill.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby van » 05 Nov 2014, 02:24

Kia ora

Well the whitebait season draws to a close and I went out the once and managed to catch a wee feed for Maureen. Another 9 days and the season will end and I see little chance of going out. Getting the vege garden organised and corn is due to be put in yet it is quite cold and also the snows continue fall! Where is Global Warming when you need it? In the meantime I also have to get my other car ready for the summer. Fine weather till Saturday and then "Hughy" will be sending her down again! I should be wearing shorts and T shirt by now but am still wrapped up in long johns to ward off the chill!
Life can be tedious!

Arohanui
Aio
Bill
van
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Yogi » 05 Nov 2014, 07:40

Life is a constant stream of random events. However, your response to those events is well within your control.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Return to Political Issues