Democrats win New York City

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Democrats win New York City

Postby AJRC » 06 Nov 2013, 03:52

Not in a raffle, but they won the New York elections. New York hasn't had a Democrat Mayor since 1993! The teabaggers said the shut-down wouldn't effect elections, mmm I beg to differ loonies. And in Virginia, once a staunch red state, the Dems won again. The GOP candidate was a teabagger, even with the teaparty behind him he still got his arse kicked.

Is this a sign of things to come? When interviewed people related the GOP to the teaparty, and blamed the entire GOP for the shut-down. I think if the GOP don't clean house and get rid of the loonies, 2014 is not going to be a good year for them.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Democrats win New York City

Postby Yogi » 06 Nov 2013, 07:37

Politics is a strange activity. The shutdown, the Teabaggers, and the GOP's association with it all, are still fresh in the public's mind and in the media. Much of that image is contrived. The RED team in the game are not the only ones who use propaganda techniques to promote their agenda. Politics here in the states is slightly different than what is witnessed in the UK. We can't simply clean house and dissolve congress. All those loonies to which you refer were elected by an even larger mass of loonies going to the polls and voting. The only way to toss out a wet teabag is to get more of the BLUE team to the voting booths come next November. It could happen ... but I doubt it.

The good news is that next year is a major congressional election year. You won't be seeing any battles over a budget in that climate. So, tempers will be cooled, loonies will be tranquilized, and the Teabaggers will be looking to put Michele Bachmann (or worse, Sarah) up for POTUS. They are a narcissistic group now, aren't they?
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 08 Nov 2013, 07:45

Unfortunately for the teabaggers, they are being seen as the extremist arm of the GOP, and a lot just see the teaparty as indivisible from the GOP. I agree, the teabaggers will not simply go away, there are too many voters who think Palin is the messiah. But it's the true conservatives in the GOP who should try and get rid of these loonies. Quite a few have asked voters to kick out the teabaggers next year and put in place conservatives.

I don't doubt the teaparty will have a few candidates for President. But as Palin and Bachmann have found in the past, i'm not sure the public want an extremist in the WH.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby Yogi » 08 Nov 2013, 08:01

AJRC wrote:I don't doubt the teaparty will have a few candidates for President. But as Palin and Bachmann have found in the past, i'm not sure the public want an extremist in the WH.

Oh, you mean like an elitist (neo-conservative) who thought only a few hand picked people should be running the country, and the world? Or, do you mean someone like a black guy who's birth certificate is in question? :lmao1:
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Return to Political Issues