Made By Leprechauns!

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Made By Leprechauns!

Postby kg » 14 Jul 2012, 12:02

The subject line is sure to draw readers to this thread, but it's apropos!

Seems the government bureaucracy is at it again, though I'm sure they've never even taken a pause for breath between incidents. Seems that now they're fining oil refiners for not adding a certain type of ethanol into their gasoline. Too bad that type of ethanol doesn't exist; they should have been adding it anyway! :doh:

The Environmental Protection Agency has slapped a $6.8 million penalty on oil refiners for not blending cellulosic ethanol into gasoline, jet fuel and other products. These dastardly petroleum mongers are being so intransigent because cellulosic ethanol does not exist. It remains a fantasy fuel....

EPA Fines Oil Refiners

To add insult to injury:

Fully 15 months after the first petition and four months beyond the second, EPA administrator Lisa Jackson finally rejected the refiners’ appeals, reaffirming that they must obey this regulation — never mind that they more easily could defy gravity. “We thank you for your interest in these issues,” Jackson’s May 22 letter cheerily added.

How...bureaucratic of them! :doh:

I have no great love for the petroleum industry, but now I've found a common area with them in which to commiserate, because they've fallen victim to the Frankenstein monster that is the Federal Bureaucracy. I'd submit my novel to them for publication, but they might think it was reality and start gearing up the military both to repel dragon attacks and the invading Arkolan hordes!

"Arkola? Isn't that one of the South Pacific Islands?"

"No, no! Don't you know anything? It's in southern Mexico!"

They should crack the whip on those Leprechauns and speed up production. Of course, then the government might prosecute them for running a sweatshop using the "little people." :roll:
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Re: Made By Leprechauns!

Postby Yogi » 20 Jul 2012, 21:38

Simple solution: all refineries should shut down until said alcohol is invented.
How long after that do you think it would take for that law to be repealed?
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Made By Leprechauns!

Postby pilvikki » 21 Jul 2012, 13:39

good idea, yogi. too bad good ideas are not popular with either party... :roll:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Return to Political Issues