Trayvon Martin

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Trayvon Martin

Postby AJRC » 28 Mar 2012, 04:50

Why is the tragic death of a teenager being used to score political points? :shock: It's a shame, but very telling of the mentality of hatred. If you have a look on any conservative blog you'll see 99.9% of them defend Zimmerman's actions and attack Martin's character. Without really knowing all the facts, or even caring about the facts. Obviously the 'N' word is used a lot! If this was one black teenager shooting another, or a white guy shooting a white teenager then this story, while tragic, wouldn't have been an issue. But because Zimmerman is white and Martin was black the whole race issue has exploded out of all proportions.

Obviously the gun nuts side with the conservatives attacking Martin's character, some go so far as to say all blacks are criminals and should be treated as such.

What needs to happen is Zimmerman needs to be arrested, and a full investigation held to find out what really happened. Because at the moment it's exactly what the Reverend Al Sharpton said would happen. He said he had warned the parents the authorities might attempt to destroy their son's reputation.

"They will try to make your son a junkie or thief [and] assault everything else before this is over,"

We hear people say we live in enlightened times, but it's things like this that make you realise we don't. We live in a world filled with hatred for someone's religion/non religion, colour, sex and any number of other reasons. :(

Ignorance breeds fear, fear breeds hatred.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Trayvon Martin

Postby Yogi » 28 Mar 2012, 13:11

If anyone is interested in helping the cause, here is how you can donate:

https://www.wepay.com/donations/3819
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 29 Mar 2012, 05:53

Done. Thanks for the link, Dennis.

I just hope justice is done.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 30 Mar 2012, 08:54

odd, if you want to get nasty about it, why not suggest zimmerman is a nazi? i'm surprised i've not seen that yet, even though he seems to have a very german name... and i'd not suggest that anywhere else but here, as that certainly would not help the matters.

but then again WHY has he not been charged?

as for the donations, they should have gone for paypal, i'm not happy typing in my credit card # and security code, no matter how secure the site might be.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Yogi » 05 Apr 2012, 08:30

Speaking for the defense:
Zimmerman Attorney: wrote: 'It's Been Open Season' - 'The Media Has Just Absolutely Destroyed Him Unfairly'

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp ... lutely-des
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 05 Apr 2012, 09:05

i sit corrected. and it looks like we'll never find out what Really happened, for it's all been tossed into a pot and stirred about into one grey mess.

then you look at the pictures:

one smiling black kid + one sullen faced white guy.

was that a coincidence?
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby AJRC » 10 Apr 2012, 04:57

A prosecutor says she will not hold a hearing to determine if a Florida neighbourhood watchman should be tried for shooting dead unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17658019

It's a shame, but if the roles had been reversed and a older black guy had shot a 17 year old unarmed white kid then he'd have been found guilty and be sitting on death row by now. This "stand your ground" law is going to be used to kill more people, all the loonies are going to go to Florida because they know it's open season on black kids. Have a look on the far right forums, there are people saying they are going there wanting to be attacked just so they can shoot someone. I know most will be keyboard warriors shit scared of the real world, but it only takes one loony to go through with their threat and you have another dead black kid.

There is still a small chance of Zimmerman being charged with something, but i'm guessing a snowball has more chance in hell. :(

Zimmerman has said his whole life has been destroyed because of this, saying he's had to leave his home and job. But at least he's still breathing, so you can't really feel sorry for him. Maybe next time he'll not be so trigger happy when he sees a black face.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby Yogi » 10 Apr 2012, 18:45

Zimmerman's lawyers have withdrawn their representation. Their client went against their legal counsel in several instances and is now unavailable for contact with anyone - not even his lawyers. So, it appears, George Zimmerman has gone off the deep end. Apparently the State's Attorney is not going to seek murder charges either.

And for those of you who think the black guys always get the shaft in our legal system, repeat after me ... O. J. Simpson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/1 ... 16031.html
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 11 Apr 2012, 06:23

OJ was an exception. And proof that when money talks, justice walks. I very much doubt Zimmerman could afford, no matter how much right wingers send him, lawyers like Robert Shapiro and Johnnie Cochran.

It's as many social commentators have said, when there's an economic downturn there is always an upturn of racism and bigotry. Immigrants will get it first, then blacks, etc. I always remember OLDMD (RIP) telling me that no matter how advanced a society America had, there was always an underlying current of racism. That was back in 2007. Now with the economy as it is i think that undercurrent has become the surface current in some places. And it's not just America, here we have a very similar situation. The right is using the immigrants as a scapegoat for all our problems, and people too stupid to think for themselves are believing everything they're told.

We live in uncertain times, and things like this don't help.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby kg » 11 Apr 2012, 19:05

Well, it seems the prosecutors have finally decided to file charges against Zimmerman:

Zimmerman faces 2nd-degree murder charge

We all can only hope that justice is done in this case.
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby AJRC » 12 Apr 2012, 05:00

Holy shit, that snowball must have frozen hell solid!

Well at least something has been done. Not saying justice will be served but it's a start at least.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 19 Jul 2012, 11:10

Zimmerman is not doing himself any favours, he's just coming across as another loony. He's just stated on Fox News, where else, that the killing of Trayvon Martin "was all God's plan". Trayvon Martin's mother has come back with "There is no way that my God wanted George Zimmerman to murder my teenage son." :clap:
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby kg » 19 Jul 2012, 16:42

You harbored a doubt that Zimmerman was a loony from the beginning? That was just frosting on the cake.

He certainly did himself no favors by agreeing to be interviewed by a fellow loony on a loony "News"(sic) network!
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby threenorns » 19 Jul 2012, 18:45

hey, be nice, now - nothing wrong with Faux Snooze.
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 24 Jul 2012, 08:31

Yeah, my bad. I guess i should have known that a right wing christian with a shoot first ask questions later policy was anything other than a loony.

That interview may backfire on Zimmerman, the prosecution has entered it as possible evidence in the upcoming murder trial. In the interview Zimmerman says he has no regrets about what he did, it was only later after an ad break, where obviously his lawyer had told him to back track, did he try and say he did have regrets. A prominent defence attorney has said Zimmerman has made a huge mistake, he's publicly impeached himself and given the prosecution all the evidence they need.

Zimmerman's previous lawyers said he wouldn't listen to them so they quit. He hired a new lawyer, Mark O'Mara, but he's prohibitively expensive. Now Zimmerman is claiming poverty, he told Barbara Walters just before he quit her interview that he'd spent nearly all the $200,000 he'd gained in donations from right wing supporters. Now he's had to open up his donation website again, hoping the right wing will be gullible for a second time. Yeah, you throw your money away, be my guest. :lmao4:

It's all going to come out soon. How Zimmerman punched his ex-fiancée in the mouth for chewing gum, how Zimmerman has an anger management problem, and that he had a hero complex and was therefore very overzealous and obsessive in his job patrolling his community.

He's whining that the media has destroyed his life. GOOD! I hope they hound him till his dying day. Because nothing the media can do can come close to what Zimmerman has done to the Martin family.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Return to Political Issues