Hillary Clinton on Women's Rights

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Hillary Clinton on Women's Rights

Postby Yogi » 13 Mar 2012, 09:11

It's an inspiring message, but the video shows the Secretary of State as I've not seen her before. She looked much better as a First Lady. I might even suspect that she is grooming herself for a run at the Chief Executive's position a few years down the line. She has the look.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... rticles%29
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Hillary Clinton on Women's Rights

Postby AJRC » 13 Mar 2012, 10:31

Inspiring message for all women.

Wow, i see what you mean. Time has not been kind.

This was Hillary just four years ago.
[ img ]

Maybe it's as you say, she's going to make a run in 2016. She's certainly getting that whole world on your shoulders kind of look.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 18 Mar 2012, 23:11

well, she's 64 and apparently is not resorting to plastic surgery, which she well can afford. so she gets points for that. besides, bill's not faring any better...

i can't watch the video tonight, so i don't know what she had to say, but the site looks interesting...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby van » 07 Apr 2012, 04:07

Kia ora

At the risk of offending some, I venture deep into the breach and fire my salvo!
Having observed the actions of this individual over a number of yrs, I am not surprised that Willie Wonka sought the comforts of another! Nuff said.

Arohanui
Aio
Bill
van
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 07 Apr 2012, 19:59

:shock: my goddness, bill! fancy you saying what most people think! :lmao4:

but then again, would bill ever been a president without her?
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby AJRC » 10 Apr 2012, 05:21

Bill was one of those rare politicians who had a wife just as strong as he was, pilvikki's right when she says he probably wouldn't have gotten where he did without her. A lot of the recent Presidents seem to have gone for the trophy wife, looks good but is ultimately an airheaded rich girl. Obama's gone the same route as Bill did, i don't care if he's the President or not i bet Obama knows who wears the trousers in that relationship.

Hillary may not have been the best looking, but sometimes a woman's strength can be just as attractive as physical beauty. Ok, so Bill was a moron who couldn't keep it in his pants, but he knows he got where he is today because of Hillary. And Hillary won't ever let him forget.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 14 Apr 2012, 01:09

And Hillary won't ever let him forget.

oddly enough i have the same impression. and i don't even know her...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby kg » 14 Apr 2012, 11:28

It's funny how fate works.

As most here know, I drove 18-wheelers cross country for a number of years. I was coming into western Pennsylvania (I can't remember the town now) and when I stopped at the truck stop there, I found that Bill Clinton was appearing there, one of his first stops on the campaign trail. Since I had the time, I decided to see what he was about.

I agreed with the message he conveyed concerning the country and shook his hand, not realizing at the time that I was shaking the hand of the future President. I later looked back on that incident with some bemusement, but that's beside the point.

Naturally, Hillary was present, and I caught a few undercurrents whose meanings were later made quite clear. Every time she looked at Bill, I could see knives emanating from her eyes and striking Bill right in the heart. At the time I thought, "What an attitude...she's not really showing much support for her husband's run for office!" Of course, Bill's 'propensities' later reared its ugly head and I belatedly understood where such looks might have come from.
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Return to Political Issues