michelle's vacation

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

michelle's vacation

Postby pilvikki » 03 Feb 2012, 01:01

wow, has she ever gotten tarred and feathered! still, i found one article that wasn't just pure hysteria:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/aug/10/michelle-obama-spain-vacation

i donno, i've been to the cathedral in granada [i hope she climbed up - the view is worth the pain] and i went through al hambra. so what if she and daughter did? it's what you do in spain.

since she is who she is, she pretty well has to do what she's told to do and can hardly take a vacation from her position, so i don't what the hoopla is about. is someone in her staff gunning for her? how many body guards are acceptable? and who is paying them $230... something a day? who sets the rate? it's not her!

[myself, i understand nothing about hotel rooms costing over a C note a night, no matter how many people are in there...]
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: michelle's vacation

Postby AJRC » 05 Feb 2012, 07:13

It's an election year, the media will pick up on the slightest thing and turn it into a media circus. President Obama could fart and his greenhouse gas policies would be called into question.

All this BS was started by Andrea Tantaros, a Republican party strategist. She works for Fox News! She's trying to portray Michelle Obama as some sort of "modern-day Marie Antoinette." You have to remember that the GOP have a very weak field of candidates to put against the President. They've even resigned themselves to vote for a Mormon! So they will try every trick in the book to try and make their candidates look a little better. Not sure how they can live with their double standards after Romney released his tax records, but what else is new.

Andrea Tantaros's comments are being seen by some as being racist. I'm not so sure, i think it's just the GOP are that desperate.

So expect lots of stories like this to be blown out of all proportion at the slightest thing any Obama does. Even the dog!!! :grin:
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 06 Feb 2012, 12:42

begs the question why anyone would want to get into that gig... i bet it's nothing they expected.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby AJRC » 06 Feb 2012, 14:40

begs the question why anyone would want to get into that gig... i bet it's nothing they expected.

I agree, it probably isn't. But always remember that politicians whether they sit on your side of the fence or the opposite, are all the same. They're power hungry and only out for themselves, they get into that gig because it's the ultimate power trip.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 06 Feb 2012, 15:04

well, 99% are in for the power and the perks, but then there's that small number who start off with their armor all polished...
    pilvikki
    Royal Poobah Penguin
    Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby kg » 07 Feb 2012, 03:25

pilvikki wrote:well, 99% are in for the power and the perks, but then there's that small number who start off with their armor all polished...

Yes, that's true.

That's the way they start off.... :|

I still remember the big furor over them having a massively expensive meal somewhere over on the east coast....until it was proved that they had been half the continent away at that time and couldn't have possibly been there.

That all quickly died down and disappeared... :?
      kg
      Honored 10k Club Member
      Honored 10k Club Member

Postby pilvikki » 08 Feb 2012, 01:34

glenn, do start thinking - in your spare time, of course - of a tune to go with "and heads'll be rolling again! rolling again..." so it can be added to all lamearse

BREAKING NEWS!!!

GONE SOUTH!
      pilvikki
      Royal Poobah Penguin
      Royal Poobah Penguin

Return to Political Issues