Congressional blame game.

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Congressional blame game.

Postby AJRC » 22 Nov 2011, 08:17

Well looks like the Congressional Super-committee was a big waste of time. Their failure to reach an agreement on reducing the US deficit has resulted in a blame game being started. Dems blame the GOP saying the GOP are just trying to protect the richest American's at all costs. The GOP say the Dems just want to put up taxes. Now however without an agreement it will trigger savage cuts, in particular to the defence budget.

Seems some would rather protect the rich and see the rest of the country go to shit. :roll:

And why did they think a bi-partisan committee would come to an agreement? They should have done what the Dubya administration did for five years and just steamroller every decision through and screw bi-partisanship.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Congressional blame game.

Postby Yogi » 24 Nov 2011, 11:00

Bush's steamrolling economics is a large reason for us being where we are today; there was little debate and no oversight. Clinton balanced the budget, and military spending cuts was part of how it happened. BUT, as bad off as we are, it looks like the whole of Europe is in for bigger problems. It's not just the little guys who can't pay their bills anymore. Germany could not get enough people to buy their debt this week, and they are arguably the strongest economy in the whole EU. This does not bode well, and Bush had nothing to do with it.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Congressional blame game.

Postby AJRC » 25 Nov 2011, 04:34

I agree, any party be they conservative or Liberal without oversight will always decay into tyranny. For five long years the GOP had no oversight at all, and look where we are today.

As for Germany, i said in another post that because they'd poured so much money into the Greek debt crisis Germany itself could get into trouble. Germany has now gotten itself into massive debt and there is no one further up the food chain to bail it out. The IMF won't let Germany's economy fail, but they are in it deep. And as i said if Europe's economy fails then so does America's, 50% of America's debt is tied up in Europe. It'll be like 2008 all over again but in reverse.

I hated the UK conservatives of the 80's and early 90's, but the one good thing they did do was keep us out of the Euro.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Return to Political Issues