Herman Cain for President?

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Herman Cain for President?

Postby AJRC » 26 Sep 2011, 07:56

Georgia businessman Herman Cain has won a surprise victory in a Republican presidential straw poll in Florida.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15050710

Does Florida know something the rest of us don't about this pizza boy?
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Herman Cain for President?

Postby bermbits » 26 Sep 2011, 08:13

"...boy"?
Anyhow, take it with a grain of salt. Early victories don't always translate into later ones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampsh ... runners-up
It will be an interesting race to follow.
bermbits
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 27 Sep 2011, 07:49

I agree, people wrote off Obama when Hilary won in 2008 by a huge margin. So it shouldn't mean anything. But people are already speculating that this could be the end of Perry, who had been hotly tipped to win in Florida before his disastrous GOP TV debate.

I don't think for one minute that Cain even has a chance, but as you say the race is starting to get interesting now.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby bermbits » 27 Sep 2011, 08:06

The whole dynamic this time around to me is fascinating and complex. As unhappy as many are with Obama, some of the more extreme Republicans may make him look less unattractive. Sorry, but there are parameters, and some are outside of them. Although I haven't yet spent quality time examining positions in detail, extremes on both ends tell me there needs to be more of a centrist as candidate - issues rather than dogma.
bermbits
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby kg » 27 Sep 2011, 20:04

bermbits wrote:...issues rather than dogma.

I'll say a big hallelujah to that! The actual issues (and I don't mean "gays in the military," "Intelligent Design in the schools," or the existence of Global Warming!) have been ignored for so long, that at this point I'm ready to vote for Cain.

At least he'll deliver! ;)
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby AJRC » 28 Sep 2011, 09:34

-kg- wrote:At least he'll deliver!

:lmao3: Do you think if he doesn't deliver on his policies after 30 minutes you get the policy for free? ;)

I agree, bermbits. Policy should take centre stage here, but unfortunately i don't think it will. As -kg- has said before i think beating Obama will be more important to most GOP than any policy. The following that Palin, Perry and Bachmann have among the GOP shows that a lot of people couldn't care less about the economy they just want that uppity black man out of the White House.

Hopefully sensible heads will prevail and someone like Romney or Paul will be nominated. But i have a horrible feeling, just as i had in 99 when Dubya was wrongly seen as centrist, that the neocons (teabaggers) have too much hold over the GOP and will nominate one of their loony puppets. :hide:
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby kg » 28 Sep 2011, 13:31

AJRC wrote:But i have a horrible feeling, just as i had in 99 when Dubya was wrongly seen as centrist, that the neocons (teabaggers) have too much hold over the GOP and will nominate one of their loony puppets. :hide:

That might be the best favor the teabaggers could do us. It would almost guarantee they wouldn't win.

That is, as long as the Independents and more moderate Conservatives retain some modicum of intelligence! :?
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby AJRC » 29 Sep 2011, 08:58

-kg- wrote:That might be the best favor the teabaggers could do us. It would almost guarantee they wouldn't win.

That's very true. Obama may not be the best President ever but considering the alternatives a Palin or Bachmann ticket would make people see Obama as the only choice. Lets hope so, the last fu*king moron nearly destroyed the global economy. People have such short memories when it comes to politics. Obama has had a mountain to climb with the country left in the state it was by the last loony neocon, and now some want to put someone like Palin in charge of the nation!
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 01 Nov 2011, 14:57

Seems Cain likes to get a little too friendly with his female employees.

Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain has strongly denied allegations of sexual harassment against him, but said a settlement was reached in the 1990s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15520186

Now he's saying he's never sexually harassed anyone. But the fact is the National Restaurant Association paid them to leave and STFU. That doesn't mean he's not guilty, it just means you paid them to keep quiet. The GOP seem to be in freefall at the moment. Perry used a fake quote to try and attack the OWS movement that just made him look an even bigger idiot. Bachmann has run out of money as no one wants to fund a loony anymore. Romney keeps changing his agenda so often i'm not sure if he's a GOP or a Dem, and the far right hate it. They also hate the fact he's a Mormon, i actually love that fact! :grin:

The teaparty seems to have fractured. They all seemed to be behind Palin, but as usual she quit. Now the teabaggers don't know who to support. A lot thought Bachmann could be a replacement to Palin, but she now makes Palin look sane by comparison. Perry is an idiot and a racist and Cain likes to get touchy feely and then buys your silence. Palin was the only force that would have brought every teabagger together, but she failed as i said she would.

So what choice do the GOP have? Romney, a Mormon and a GOP who actually likes Obamacare because Romneycare is very similar. Or with an outside chance you have Paul. I will laugh so hard when Romney is picked, because you know because of party lines every GOP will have to vote for him no matter if they like him or not. :lmao1:
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 07 Nov 2011, 10:36

IOWA (The Borowitz Report) – GOP presidential frontrunner Herman Cain today unveiled a new economic plan which would pay every woman in the United States to “keep quiet.”

While Mr. Cain’s new plan drew criticism from fiscal conservatives who claimed it would add to the deficit, the former pizza executive brushed it off: “You can’t put a price tag on getting the ladies to stop talking, if you know what I'm saying.”

Touting his proposal before a crowd of supporters in Davenport, Mr. Cain dubbed it his new “999” plan: “I pay you $999, and you shut your damn piehole.”

Elsewhere, billionaire Donald Trump said that the winner of Sunday’s New York marathon should be disqualified “because he was born in Kenya.”
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby AJRC » 08 Nov 2011, 12:15

A majority of Republican voters - and nearly six in 10 Republican supporters of the conservative Tea Party movement - said they were not concerned about the allegations against Mr Cain, according to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released on Monday.

Says it all really!
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby kg » 08 Nov 2011, 15:09

Ah, but the brouhaha over Clinton! I'm not talking Monica Lewinski here...remember Gennifer Flowers? :P

Go ahead, Andy. Laugh at the double standards! :lol:
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby AJRC » 09 Nov 2011, 09:41

Oh don't worry i have. If you have a look on wizbang that's all they go on about, they constantly bring up Clinton and his numerous affairs even though that was over a decade ago. But they seem to be ok with Cain. One loony put "when Cain's impeached get back to me." So he can sexually harass as many women as he wants but until he's impeached he can do what he wants and the GOP will still love him?

Cain's now making jokes about how popular he is at the moment, and that other candidates should get a sexual harassment case of their own. :roll:

Look at how the GOP jumped all over Anthony Weiner, but Cain gets a free ride? As i said, it says it all really.

But the GOP have to be careful, from the high they felt in 2010 the GOP are in free fall. The teaparty is all over the place, and the GOP as a whole doesn't know who to support. Because of the fracturing and flip flopping they're taking some really big hits that no one expected them to take, look at Ohio repealing the union limit law and Mississippi rejecting the "personhood initiative." The GOP seem to be self-destructing, their only chance is the kick the neocons (teaparty) into touch and start acting and speaking rationally. At the moment they're acting and talking like loonies and no one will vote for them except those who can no more stop following party lines than stop the ageing process.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby kg » 09 Nov 2011, 19:08

Yes, I've observed all that. I can hear the right wing loonies starting to sweat.

I have quite a few right wing Facebook friends, some more "loonie" and some less. Not only have the "discussions" (rhetoric) died down, but so have their more "heated" replies to my comments.

I'm not going to shove anything down their throats...that isn't my style or my desire...but I have certainly noted it. It's as if they've just seen their impending "doom," becoming visible over the horizon.

They were all hoping for a "great white hope"...someone who could command a lead and be a viable Republican candidate. Unless someone like that steps up at the last moment, the choices they have are....what they have. Pizza man, magic underwear, or the rest of the breakfast cereal...one of the other assorted flakes and nuts.

It's their move now. Myself, I would just roll over and play dead. :mrgreen:
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby AJRC » 10 Nov 2011, 12:14

Good links, pilvikki. An electric fence? I can just see Bachmann coming forward and claiming she'll mine the entire US/Mexico border. Then obviously Perry will say he'll kill two birds with one stone and just nuke Mexico.

As you say -kg-, even on wizbang the loonies are getting desperate. You used to have intelligent conservatives coming on, now it's just the loonies. It's almost like the conservatives don't want to be associated with the loonies anymore, they seem to think they've gone too far over to the right.

I still think Romney has a chance of making it a close race, but the loonies will never be happy with that pick and will implode like all loonies do. And possibly take the GOP with them.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby kg » 10 Nov 2011, 13:18

AJRC wrote:An electric fence? I can just see Bachmann coming forward and claiming she'll mine the entire US/Mexico border. Then obviously Perry will say he'll kill two birds with one stone and just nuke Mexico.

I've got an even better suggestion than all those...give Texas back to Mexico! We took it from them anyway, back in 1845! It would give Mexico somewhere to expand and wouldn't be too much of a change for Texas, anyway. </joke></stereotype></state-ism> :P

AJRC wrote:As you say -kg-, even on wizbang the loonies are getting desperate. You used to have intelligent conservatives coming on, now it's just the loonies. It's almost like the conservatives don't want to be associated with the loonies anymore, they seem to think they've gone too far over to the right.

The intelligent conservatives may be pulling back from it all and reconsidering their positions. We might be seeing a new crop of Independents, or they may form their own conservative party...the NOT-ocons.

AJRC wrote:I still think Romney has a chance of making it a close race, but the loonies will never be happy with that pick and will implode like all loonies do. And possibly take the GOP with them.

I think the loonies' last chance for happiness died when their Queen quit! :lol:
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby AJRC » 11 Nov 2011, 10:39

Mind you saying that, do you think Perry could remember where Mexico is? ;)

I agree, the loonies put all their hope and faith in Palin, and she screwed them over. Makes me laugh every single day. :lmao3:
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby kg » 11 Nov 2011, 16:08

AJRC wrote:Mind you saying that, do you think Perry could remember where Mexico is? ;)

Of course he can! He can see it from his back porch! :lol:
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby AJRC » 15 Nov 2011, 14:24

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain's campaign says he had not slept enough when he stumbled on an interview question about Libya.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15742999

The GOP are getting worse, i.e. funnier. Cain just made a Perry style gaff by not knowing what the hell he was talking about. His idiocy was blamed on only having four hours sleep, and was certainly not because he's a moron. Would Cain even know where Libya is? Maybe the GOP just won't run this time and will just concede defeat in January. ;)
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Next

Return to Political Issues