Ron Paul For President

Decide how the world should be governed and by whom.
Forum rules
The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Ron Paul For President

Postby Yogi » 13 May 2011, 09:02

The third time will be the charm, or so good ol' Ron thinks. I wish him good luck, but I have to wonder why he started this all on FRIDAY THE 13th. :lmao1:

THE KICKOFF: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/ ... 2554.shtml
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Ron Paul For President

Postby AJRC » 14 May 2011, 05:52

Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance and he knows it, probably announced he's running on Friday 13th for the publicity it would create. He's right, people do agree with him. But that doesn't mean they'll vote for him. He came out top of a poll at the first GOP convention this year, but only because none of the big names turned up. Even he was asking what the other GOP candidates were scared of. Paul has done the right thing to start his run now, but the other candidates have to know that they'll also have to announce soon to be any kind of serious contender to Obama.

Ron Paul is just too Libertarian for a lot of GOP's taste and just not christian enough for the far right. He'll take some votes from the others but not enough to be a serious contender.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby jakimbro » 14 May 2011, 18:42

I used to be big Ron Paul fan and i still agree with a lot of his ideas- but he really screwed the people who supported him last time and left us with nothing. So #@$% him. Its going to be Sarah Palin for me this time. or I won't vote at all.
jakimbro
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby jakimbro » 14 May 2011, 21:33

Huckabee says he won't run for president

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Saturday he won't seek the Republican presidential nomination, choosing to stick with a lucrative career as a television and radio personality over a race that would be both costly and caustic.

"All the factors say go, but my heart says no," Huckabee, the winner of the 2008 Iowa caucuses, said on his Fox News Channel show.

Huckabee's decision further muddies the GOP field as the Republican Party seeks a challenger for President Barack Obama.

A prominent social conservative, he ranks high in national popularity polls. And, had he run, he would have been a serious contender for the party nod with instant support among Christian evangelicals who dominate the Iowa caucuses and the early South Carolina primary.

Huckabee said the past few months have been times of deep personal reflection, even as he noted that polls put him "at or near the top" among likely Republican candidates.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110515/ap_ ... ckabee2012

GOOD! I have never liked the way the liberal media has tried to push him as a GOP candidate. #@$% him! Another one down!
What is this crap about him being popular with Christian evangelicals? says WHO? and whats an evangelical anyway? Who decides these things?
jakimbro
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby jakimbro » 16 May 2011, 12:43

Trump says he won’t pursue a presidential run
By Jeff Winkler | Published: 12:45 PM 05/16/2011 | Updated: 1:10 PM 05/16/2011

It was fun while it lasted, but after weeks and weeks of Donald Trump playing a game of maybe-maybe-not, the TV star and business mogul has said he will not run for president.

“After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency,” said Trump in a press release.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/16/trump ... z1MXhUt2Ai

Thank Goodness! Another one Down! When will the MSM acknowledge that only Sarah Palin has chance to beat Obama? Never. they hate her too much...
jakimbro
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Another Rino Runs

Postby jakimbro » 20 May 2011, 11:11

APNewsBreak: Aide: Pawlenty running for president
By BRIAN BAKST

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, a laid-back Midwestern Republican who governed a Democratic-leaning state, is running for president and will declare his candidacy on Monday in the leadoff caucus state of Iowa, an adviser told The Associated Press.

The adviser, who disclosed the plans on the condition of anonymity in advance of next week's announcement, said Pawlenty will formally enter the race during a town hall-style event in Des Moines, Iowa.

He's choosing to make his long-expected bid official in a critical state in his path to the GOP nomination. Advisers acknowledge that Pawlenty, 50, must win or turn in a strong showing during next winter's caucuses in the neighboring state of Iowa to have any chance of becoming the Republican who will challenge President Barack Obama, a Democrat, next November.

After Monday's announcement, he will head to Florida, New Hampshire, New York and Washington, D.C.

The move is no surprise.

Pawlenty been laying the groundwork for a national campaign since John McCain passed him over in 2008 as his vice presidential nominee. He has worked to boost his national profile, assemble a staff, travel the country and build a fundraising network, all while positioning himself as a Republican with a record of resisting increases in taxes and government spending. He left the governor's post in January and he took the first step toward the presidency two months later by setting up an exploratory committee.

In the early stages of the campaign, he has struggled to raise his standing in polls or attract a niche constituency as Republicans with more star power - former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and celebrity businessman Donald Trump - dangled themselves as possible candidates, only to opt out of bids.

Pawlenty has some big obstacles as he seeks the GOP nomination in a wide-open field.

He is not nearly as well known nationally as former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, ex-House Speaker Newt Gingrich and even libertarian-leaning Texas Rep. Ron Paul. And others with even bigger names - Sarah Palin - still may enter the fray. So too may a fellow Minnesotan, Rep. Michele Bachmann, who is a darling of the tea party and has indicated she's likely to launch a campaign soon.

The low-key Pawlenty also is fighting an impression at least within the GOP establishment that he's too bland to excite voters. He also has no personal wealth and isn't uniquely aligned with any one Republican faction - like social conservatives or fiscal Republicans - as are other candidates.

But in a GOP field with no clear favorite, Pawlenty hopes that he can cobble together a winning coalition of voters by attracting a wide array of Republicans, from religious conservatives to tea party adherents to establishment figures. As he travels the country, he boasts of reining in state spending and blocking tax hikes during two terms as Minnesota's governor, as well as stressing his working-class roots and evangelical Christian faith.

"I'm the only candidate in the field who can unite the whole Republican Party, not just one part of it, in a genuine and authentic way, and then go out an appeal to the whole country," Pawlenty said this week before a fundraiser in Minnesota.

He points to his record in Minnesota as proof that he can have appeal across the ideological spectrum.

Pawlenty, who passed up an opportunity to run for a third term as governor to seek the presidency, won the governors' office twice without a majority of the vote in races that included third-party candidates. During his tenure, Pawlenty had to contend with a Legislature that was partly or fully controlled by Democrats the eight years he was governor.

Minnesota's divided government led to repeated legislative battles and a partial government shutdown one year. Pawlenty also frequently vetoed tax and spending bills, earning a reputation in the GOP as a fiscal conservative. He pleased social conservatives as well by signing new abortion restrictions and laws favored by pro-gun groups.

But some of his past actions also have drawn tea party skepticism.

Even some Republicans flinched when he used billions in federal stimulus dollars and once agreed to hike state cigarette charges to balance Minnesota's budget. And Democrats pound him frequently over the $5 billion deficit his Minnesota successor is coping with for the upcoming state budget, although the state will turn a small surplus this summer when the last fiscal year under Pawlenty's direct control ends.

Pawlenty's former embrace of energy policies scorned by conservatives - such as a cap-and-trade system to limit emissions of greenhouse gases - have also been problematic. Pawlenty has disavowed his former stance and apologized for the "clunker" in his record.

Even so, it's not his record that's likely to be his biggest challenge. It's being heard in a crowded field.

Part of the reason: unlike others, he typically shies from the caustic comments and headline-grabbing issues. It's part of a strategy to come off as a serious-minded candidate in sober times. But his approach has also played into the characterization of him as dull.

Advisers hope that Pawlenty's ability to connect with small crowds in diners and living rooms will help him win over skeptics in the places where he needs to shine - Iowa and New Hampshire, where voters demand their candidates engage in that type of retail politics. He's somewhat of a natural at it. He's good with small talk, often makes goofy poses in keepsake photos and sticks around to shake all hands, helping explain why he's notoriously behind schedule.

In those settings, he discusses not just what he'd do for the country but also much about his personal story: his boyhood in a blue-collar household in a meatpacking town, his mother's death of cancer in his teen years. As an adult, he went on to a white-collar job as a lawyer and set down a political path took him from a suburban city hall to a seat in the state Legislature to, eventually, the governor's post.

"He is doing the soft sell and the soft sell works in the long run," said Andy Brehm, a Republican strategist in Minnesota. "This is an entirely self-made guy. I don't think you could ask for a better spokesman for the free market ideas. He's worked himself up really from nothing."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20110520/D9NB81180.html
LOSER! He may win in his home state- but the tea party already knows he's a Rino. He needs to get out of the way so Palin can win.
jakimbro
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby Flawless » 21 May 2011, 03:09

Here's to hoping Mitch Daniels runs...a good governor for Indiana and probably the first conservative since Regan to not look like a total idiot, in appearance and speech that is. Palin's an exception. She's a hottie but nobody can take her seriously. Ron Paul, as dead on as the dude is, just doesn't have the voice or look to get votes. Huckabee didn't seem like much of a crazy guy.
Flawless

Postby AJRC » 21 May 2011, 05:00

Some of the media want Mitch Daniels to run, not sure he does though. And not sure he'd be able to get a broad spectrum of votes, because recently he's been seen as having Democratic tenancies on social issues. I agree he seems like one of those rare GOP that comes along every 30 years or so, a genuine fiscal conservative. But with the GOP the way it is will they vote for that or will they let violent political rhetoric sway them as it has done over the last two years? And as i've said in another thread any GOP candidate needs to attract not just one or two demographics, but all of them. If Mitch Daniels divides the GOP with his policies, he doesn't stand a chance against Obama. So i think he has a choice, either stick by his guns and hope people will forget about his willingness to increase taxes for fiscal purposes, or he's going to have to stop being so fiscally conservative and be more what the GOP are used to, someone who shouts and screams that all Muslims are terrorists, god is great and abortion is murder. But to never have any real policies of his own, you know become an empty suit like Palin.

I think if he sticks by his guns he'll have a chance. People saw in 2008 how much the economy changed everything for Obama, if any GOP can show they'd be the one to get the US out of it's slump then they'd get many votes knowing that someone who was genuinely fiscally conservative would probably be best for the job. Only time will tell though because as i said in another thread the GOP seem to be running scared, all the candidates had announced this time in 2007. They need to start getting the funds together now or the billions Obama will have at his disposal will blow them away.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby jakimbro » 21 May 2011, 07:10

The people who say "Don't take Palin seriosly" have never read anything she has written or listened to anything she says. you need to take her very serioulsy. because she is going to run and she will win. You can not keep putting these milquetoast candidates out there like Daniels or Romney or whoever- becuse next to Obama they will wilt and die. Obama has star power and the national media and an army of millions on his sjde - who also never listen to what he says or pay any attention to what he does. they do not need to - he is Obama and that is enough for them.

Faced with that kind of cult of personality- no milquetoast candidate has a chance. But Palin has a chance and whats more after being crucified by the media for four years and brushed off like an intellectual light weight- she deserves it.

It is Karma.
jakimbro
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby jakimbro » 22 May 2011, 06:09

Indiana Gov. Daniels not running for president

WASHINGTON – Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels said early Sunday that he won't run for president because of family concerns, a development that narrowed the Republican nomination field though made the wide-open race even more uncertain.

"In the end, I was able to resolve every competing consideration but one," the Republican said, disclosing his decision in a middle-of-the-night e-mail to supporters. "The interests and wishes of my family, is the most important consideration of all. If I have disappointed you, I will always be sorry."

much more whining from:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110522/ap_ ... aniels2012

good riddance- LOSER!
jakimbro
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby jakimbro » 22 May 2011, 06:26

Herman Cain: ‘I’m running for President of the United States and I’m not running for second’ By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

Former Godfather’s Pizza CEO Herman Cain officially threw his hat into the 2012 ring on Saturday at a rally in Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park.

“I came here to declare my candidacy for the Republican nomination for President of the United States of America, this moment,” Cain said. “And, just to be clear, just to be clear, in case you accidentally listen to a skeptic out there, let me say it again: I’m running for President of the United States and I’m not running for second. I’m not running for second.”

“Now, let me tell you, because I’ve had reporters ask me sometimes, ‘well, are you running just to get attention and maybe come in second or maybe to get a cabinet position?’ I said you don’t know very much about me,” Cain said. “I don’t run for second. I’m running to be number one.”

Cain said one of the biggest reasons he’s running for president is because, “we have become a nation of crises.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/21/herma ... z1N5EEhvYC

I don't know anything about him except he's a conservative black businessman- probably the guy they should have elected in 2008. The news media is saying he is the anti-Obama- asif he were the only conservative black man in America.

Which is preposterous- most blacks have very conservative values toward home, school, and family. But they followed the race card last time and voted for Obama requardless of his REAL politics. So it would be GOOD to have Cain running as it would make balck people choose something other than race if it came down between the two of them-- BUT i think even considering that as a viable reason to vote for Cain is racist.

Besides which we don't know what kind of scandals Cain maybe hiding. No- I am still going with Sarah Palin on this one. Sorry!
jakimbro
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Conservative News Commentator gets it right...

Postby jakimbro » 22 May 2011, 06:50

Krauthammer to PBS's Shields: 'You Want GOP Nominee Who's a Squish and Then You’ll Vote Against Him Anyway'
By Noel Sheppard

PBS's Mark Shields on Friday advanced the typical liberal media line that there's a danger to the GOP if it nominates a presidential candidate that is too conservative.

When he finished, his "Inside Washington" co-panelist Charles Krauthammer marvelously responded, "What Mark wants is a Republican nominee who is a squish and then he’ll vote against him anyway" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

MARK SHIELDS, PBS: Historically, the Republican races always come down to candidates from the two factions within the party, the moderate candidate versus the conservative candidate, each group. Bill McInturff, the conservative pollster, the Republican pollster, has developed this theory, and it is absolutely valid. It was John McCain, it was McCain and Giuliani competed to be the moderate candidate in 2008, and Mike Huckabee and a whole host of others, and it was Huckabee and McCain who basically became the survivors. And this is a test of whether in fact there is a moderate wing and an independent wing still there. But Jon Huntsman I think is laying claim to that, and I think Mitch Daniels will also compete for that if he comes into the race.

But the real action and all the intensity and energy right now seems to be exclusively on the conservative side, and if that’s the case, it’s going to be a problem as it was for the Democrats in 1972 when all the energy and all the action was on the left side of its Party, and they nominated George McGovern, an admirable man who carried one state.

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: See, what Mark wants is a Republican nominee who is a squish and then he’ll vote against him anyway.

Exactly.

Every four years, Americans have to listen to liberal media members like Shields wax political about who should be the Republican nominee for president, and it's typically the candidate furthest to the left that such commentators still wouldn't vote for if their life depended on it.

It's kind of like Red Sox fans advising the Yankees what players they should pick up before the trading deadline. Whoever the General Manager is at the time is smart enough to smell a rat, and wisely goes in the exact opposite direction.

It's high time conservatives understand this and in this campaign cycle do the reverse of whatever people like Shields and his ilk suggest for they don't have conservatives' best interests at heart.

Never did, never will.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s ... z1N5Jb3GnH

And we have the same thing going on HERE on NBF- Andy who is NOT even AMERICAN conferring with kg- liberal and anti-republican and Palin hater. Both are trying to guess who will be the next GOP presidential candidate with the sole intention of ridiculing whoever it is from the start.

Meanwhile-I'm the real deal - I am a Republican and i read the news and i VOTE. Whose opinion matters more in this case?

It sure a hell ain't St. Andy's opinion. He lives in an obscure Yorkshire village with no more input to the American political system than a sour fart (to put it bluntly). He needs to concentrate on which BRITISH politician he wants to vote for the houses of Parliement. Or if its buttered scones or biscuits he wants with his tea.

And don't you Brits give me guff about Andy being entited to his opinion about American politics- you all have told me to sod off more times than i can count whenever I have examined your country's politcs. So back at you.
jakimbro
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Return to Political Issues