Browser Test Results

Spread the word via the Information Highway
Forum rules
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
Be prepared to show authorization to publish copyrighted content.

Browser Test Results

Postby Yogi » 27 Sep 2008, 11:28

LiveHacker has run a few tests comparing the most current browsers. There is little to be surprised about in the results of their tests, but the user comments are pretty interesting. My preferences in the order of greatest usage are FireFox, Opera, Chrome, and then Internet Explorer. It's just wrong to try and use Safari on a windows box. :mrgreen:

http://lifehacker.com/5055406/browser-s ... te-results
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: Browser Test Results

Postby Flawless » 27 Sep 2008, 12:36

So basically, they all have their good and bad with IE being the worst, Chrome being mediocre and Safari, Firefox and Opera being the 3 best.
Flawless

Postby Ohlia » 27 Sep 2008, 14:06

I've been exploring with Explorer 7 for the past hour and I find it fast and easy to use. But then again, what do I know... not much about how these things suppose to work, really! :doh:
Ohlia

Postby kg » 27 Sep 2008, 23:15

Myself, I primarily use Firefox, then Opera, with I.E. as the backup for compatibility issues with some sites (The morons! They must be getting kick-backs from Micro$oft! :bleh: ).

I really haven't tried any of the other (Windows) browsers. Now under Linux, I've used Konquerer, which is the KDE based browser/file manager (which I'm not too sure about, since I don't have Kubuntu installed, yet...I've just used it from the Live CD), but other than that, these are the only browsers I've tried to any great degree.

I find that this browser combination takes care of any needs I have. I may try some of the others in the future just out of curiosity's sake, but I don't see myself switching (unless, of course, they come up with one that's so fast, that it launches before I click on it, just because I was thinking about clicking on it! AND if Windows even survives much longer on my computers...I suppose it will, though, to one degree or another).
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Return to Internet Memes