Go for a ride.

Spread the word via the Information Highway
Forum rules
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
Be prepared to show authorization to publish copyrighted content.

Go for a ride.

Postby G5Pontiac » 29 Jan 2008, 15:10

Ride with the 377th Squadron's combat pilots in their P47s, during World War II. :cool2:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 023128830&
G5Pontiac

Re: Go for a ride.

Postby StVandal » 30 Jan 2008, 00:33

Nyyyyyeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr... ratta-tatta-tatta!
That was awesome! Get those Nazis!

I think it's really cool they allowed the pilots to paint on their planes. I don't think they allow them the same freedom now (not that you'd be able to spot anything with how fast modern aircraft is).
StVandal

Postby G5Pontiac » 30 Jan 2008, 00:56

Did you see that house explode when he shot it? It looked like a residence, but was actually a bomb dump, or munitions storage. Some of those pilots from those days were actually injured or killed if something exploded too close to them. That house looked like it could do that, but luckily he hit it from a distance.
G5Pontiac

Postby StVandal » 30 Jan 2008, 19:18

Yeah, I noticed that. I first thought "Why's he shooting at that house?" and then BOOM! Your normal house doesn't explode like that. Not even German houses. ;)

My favorite part was at the end when that pilot was standing next to the huge hole that a flak gun ripped in the tail of his plane.. (right at about 4:16) He wipes his brow then holds out his hand to show how bad he was shaking, and then he starts laughing. You could tell how happy he was to have made it back.
StVandal

Postby pilvikki » 06 Feb 2008, 23:03

eeep.

how did he stay up there?

:shock:

stan, how did those plains do mechanically? the ribs etc look just like they do today, but what about the rest of the plane? what metals were they built of?
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Return to Internet Memes