Big Foot on Mars?

Spread the word via the Information Highway
Forum rules
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
Be prepared to show authorization to publish copyrighted content.

Big Foot on Mars?

Postby G5Pontiac » 26 Jan 2008, 01:55

Well, we're back to square one again. People have found another anomaly on Mars.

[ img ]

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do
G5Pontiac

Re: Big Foot on Mars?

Postby Yogi » 26 Jan 2008, 08:11

Good eye, but it's obvious to me that "bigfoot" is an extension of that rock he is sitting on.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby StVandal » 26 Jan 2008, 17:16

lol..
StVandal

Postby imbizze » 26 Jan 2008, 18:11

It looks like Elvis to me. :mrgreen:
imbizze

Postby G5Pontiac » 27 Jan 2008, 01:01

Yeah, it is Elvis, because he's singing Rock around the Clock, or is that Bill Halley and his comets? :)
G5Pontiac

Postby pilvikki » 28 Jan 2008, 20:26

The pictures, found on a Chinese website, are now creating a stir of excitement on the internet.

excuse me, but you guys are not displaying any kind of excitement here! smarten up!

:lmao4:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby G5Pontiac » 28 Jan 2008, 22:04

In 79AD mount Vesuvius buried Pompey in lava, killing everyone still there. It made casts from humans, and some of them are grotesque, depicting agony. This one is bad enough. Could that anomaly on Mars be a cast from a human, maybe thousands, or millions of years ago? I thought of that as an explanation. Of course I'm not claiming that, but I found it interesting to speculate about. As you see in this picture, the human was cast in stone, and remains preserved for a long time. The link is below the picture, if you are interested in the text accompanying it.
(I deleted the picture because I found a copyright on it. Check out the link.)

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe ... 285383.htm
G5Pontiac

Postby mdkilmer » 30 Jan 2008, 23:44

I read somewhere that the rock that the "statue" is sitting on is about three inches across. It must be a really, really little bigfoot.
mdkilmer

Postby StVandal » 31 Jan 2008, 13:59

Has anyone considered the fact that it could be photoshopped?
StVandal

Postby G5Pontiac » 31 Jan 2008, 15:37

Yes, that's why I posted a disclaimer with my explanation.
G5Pontiac

Postby StVandal » 31 Jan 2008, 19:38

Ah, I've been staring at it, and it's not photoshopped, but the "arm" that is extended from the "creature" isn't actually attached to it. The "arm" is a dark feature in the landscape behind the "creature" in the foreground. The position of the robot taking the picture makes it look like they're part of the same object. The shadows on the rock in the foreground being in almost perfect alignment with the rock in the background add to the coincidence. This is another perfect example of pareidolia.
StVandal

Postby G5Pontiac » 01 Feb 2008, 12:21

Yeah, I think that you're right. Thanks for introducing me to a new (to me) word, "pareidolia". I understand the phenomena, but didn't know that there was a name for it. Interesting.
G5Pontiac

Postby pilvikki » 06 Feb 2008, 22:45

i looked up pareidolia and came up with this offshoot:

[url]Apophenia may be linked to psychosis and creativity.
[/url]

so.... let me see, i see a face on the moon and i'm am... :think:

interesting.

i remember being about 14 or so and skipping stones by the seashore, when i saw something across the bay. something was on the dock, but i couldn't quite make out what i was looking at.

at first it seemed to be a man fishing... but then i decided against it. immediately the image readjusted itself as if someone had fiddled with a camera lens.

i don't actually remember what it was, just that startled feeling ofn my mind playing games with my eyes. :shock:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby StVandal » 07 Feb 2008, 03:02

I recently looked at the entire photograph*, and the little rock in question is really close to the Mars lander. It can't be more than a few inches tall.

*This image is huge (3,487 x 12,756).. it'll take a while on a slow connection. The bigfoot rock is on the bottom left corner. Scroll all the way to the bottom left, then scroll right just a tad, then scroll up about 1/4th of the way. You'll see the little guy peeking out from the first ridge just above the group of rocks there in the foreground.
StVandal

Postby G5Pontiac » 09 Feb 2008, 13:18

StVandal, Thanks for the good interpretation of that picture. The picture is a keeper, so I saved it.

I noticed that some of the area appears like Bedrock in that desert. The loose rocks covering everything are rough, and don't appear to have moved far from where they were deposited , or they would be worn smooth. I wonder where those rocks came from, and when? Yet, the hills around there are gently rounded, as if erosion had rounded them off, but not the rocks.

What's your take on that interesting picture?
G5Pontiac

Return to Internet Memes