for sure...

Spread the word via the Information Highway
Forum rules
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
Be prepared to show authorization to publish copyrighted content.

for sure...

Postby pilvikki » 11 Jan 2013, 16:18

pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: for sure...

Postby Ice.Maiden » 11 Jan 2013, 17:30

LOL!! :lol:
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby kg » 11 Jan 2013, 21:48

That'd sure scare the mess out of me! :o
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby pilvikki » 12 Jan 2013, 06:18

ah yes....

that reminds me...

driving back from the grocery trip with squeak and sax. just rumbling through a small village with it's 3' wide streets when suddenly saxon starts...

screeeeeming!

i mean at 110 decibles right behind me. i couldn't pull over as there was nowhere to, so i had to keep on driving until i was out of said village while yelling "what? what? what????" and he's just screaming. i tried to ask squeaki what the bloody hell was going on back there - and thanks so much she joins in the vocals!

finally! a driveway i could pull into and i leap out of the car and try to open saxon's door, which, for some sadistic reason wouldn't. OMFG! they're still screaming and will not answer my questions and by this time my b/p must have hit 300. i locked and unlocked them and the backdoor lock released - thank you ever so much!

i rip the door open and bellow "NOW!!! WHAT IS IT?" in a tone that could have stripped paint of the bonnet.

"a...a... a... spiiiiiiiiiiderrrrrrrr.!"

"where?"

"on saxon!"

oh. that's it? a spider....

then i see it and it on the floor in front of saxon; "oh. that spider. about 2" with legs and all. now, to get it out, but how? would have to pick it up and over saxon... :think: the spider solved the problem by running up saxon's seat and disappearing, "no-no-no-nooooo!"

i finally managed to locate it in the trunk, capture and remove the silly sod. it now lives in someone's driveway....

but i'll never be s-s-same again. :shock:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby kg » 12 Jan 2013, 13:29

Oh, it was a cute little spider? I'm glad you didn't hurt it!

[ img ]
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby pilvikki » 12 Jan 2013, 13:37

wouldn't think of it!

squeaki did a faceplant out there on the outside tile steps the other day and she was screaming blue murder. it could have gone badly with broken bones and who knows what. so when i finally got her attention, it turns out she's scraped the skin on her hand and wasn't otherwise damaged. i was relieved.

however, i told her that when something like that happens and she starts screaming like a banshee, she'll have to stop for a few seconds, explain what the problem is and only then return to her previous schedule.

seems reasonable to me. :shrug:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 05 Feb 2013, 23:06

Aww, she probably cried with the shock more than anything else.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 06 Feb 2013, 22:05

yes, that's it, but the shock needs to wear temporarily wear off while i assess the situation...

i mean, can't fix if i don't know what it is. :shrug:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 07 Feb 2013, 19:48

Oh I know what you mean! Ours used to scream blue murder if they sustained an injury, and they'd still be squealing when trying to explain what they'd done. The worse ones are the ones you can't see, so I developed a very no-nonsense attitude towards it. I'd calmly tell them that I couldn't help them unless they told/showed me what was wrong, and even that didn't always work because they'd run away rather than have grazes bathed and cleaned. Well we all know they can sting, but as they got older, they came to appreciate why they'd had to go through a bit more pain to make them better.

Luckily, those days are gone now. The boys don't moan if they hurt themselves, and accept any necessary treatment. The same goes for dental visits. I'm pathetic, but they go in without a care., so I'm glad that I took a businesslike stance when they were little. I'd give them a hug afterwards and tell them they'd been brave, but refused to get fazed by their outbursts - however noisy they were!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 07 Feb 2013, 20:56

i usually start off calm enough, but lose it if the racket continues... :shifty:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 08 Feb 2013, 04:57

Hey - I've got grandchildren to hopefully come along one day. By that time, I could've turned into the most crotchety old girl ever! The boys might've got away with things lightly! : )
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby ladypatg » 02 Mar 2013, 10:12

Hug and ask calmly. She'll feel safe and maybe answer. Worth a try.
ladypatg
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 03 Apr 2013, 16:28

naw. i've tried that.... she's in some off-planet orbit and doesn't hear a thing.

but, for some reason she's way better now. i hope it stays that way. :pray:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 07 Apr 2013, 11:19

LOl - apt emoticon.

Yes, they DO tend to get better as time goes on, but not always. If they have a deep-seated fear about something, however irrational, it's best to try and tackle things calmly, as Pat says. Not always easy if you're driving when something like that occurs though. We got a bumblebee in through the car window once. Well if anyone should've gone to pieces, it should've been me, as I'm allergic to their stings, but the kids were going mental, moving about and trying to knock it away in their panic. It fell down somewhere, which made things even worse. I had to pull up - on a road where I couldn't - but I did anyway. We found the bee and managed to get it out, then drove off happily, but the kids refused to have the windows open after that and it took quite a while before they'd go on a journey without inspecting everywhere to make sure there were no more bees.

Now some years ago, I was the passenger in a car, and a wasp flew in ........... I was worse than the kids!!!!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 12 Apr 2013, 15:54

there have been so many accidents from bees not watching where they're going....
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 12 Apr 2013, 16:02

Lol, there are. There was me, telling the kids not to panic ... that nothing was going to hurt them if they kept still .... and yet I'm one of the worst when it comes to flying things, worms, maggots, leeches .....
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Internet Memes