Twitter? Hmmm....

Spread the word via the Information Highway
Forum rules
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.
Be prepared to show authorization to publish copyrighted content.

Twitter? Hmmm....

Postby kg » 19 Feb 2012, 20:48

It seems that there may be an influx to Diaspora from Twitter going on. While I can find no particular news on anything, I've seen a couple of people on Diaspora that proclaim they now are working from Diaspora and can no longer be reached via Twitter. I also just read a post there:

For all of you who coming from #Twitter to #Diaspora Please don't sign up on the big pods. As you know Diaspora is a distributed social network. So it would be better to go to the small pods or setting up your own pod.

I don't know if this indicates an influx from Twitter to Diaspora, nor can I find anything indicating this might be so. Has anyone else heard anything?
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Re: Twitter? Hmmm....

Postby Yogi » 20 Feb 2012, 14:11

Diaspora management supports the anonymous hacker crowd. I follow anonymous and a variety of it's sub cults on Twitter and am often amazed at what I see posted there. Perhaps they are being busted by Twitter and will now be using Diaspora for their message deliveries. Like you, I don't know, and I have not seen any mention of a purge.
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby kg » 20 Feb 2012, 19:33

Now that you mention it, one of those posters mentioned anonymous and lolz. That might be what it is...it's being made a bit 'hot' for them on Twitter.
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby Yogi » 21 Feb 2012, 07:53

The very first day I logged into Diaspora I checked out the "recommended" members, which were few in numbers at the time. But, several of them supported the Occupy movement more than I thought was normal. It was back then that I figured this was no ordinary social network, and one other reason I'm not too active over there. :grin:
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Return to Internet Memes