HOT DOG Yogi and all...Free BBCode Editor!

Questions, answers, and news related to computer hardware and software

HOT DOG Yogi and all...Free BBCode Editor!

Postby kg » 23 Sep 2007, 01:19

Yep, I found one, and it works real well!

Pawsoft Fass 0.9 Beta

Yes, I know I've pointed you all to a (supposed) Beta, but for this forum it's the one you need. Version 0.8 generates the BBCode in capital letters, which won't work on a phpBB forum (or at least, not on this one), but this version generates them in small letters. It seems to be stable, is simple to use, and is only a 100 kb download.

So Yogi won't have to listen to me Qvetch about "no HTML coding" anymore! :boohoo:
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Re: HOT DOG Yogi and all...Free BBCode Editor!

Postby Yogi » 23 Sep 2007, 12:08

What does this do exactly. The link isn't too clear about it.
Does it create new BBCodes?
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Re: HOT DOG Yogi and all...Free BBCode Editor!

Postby kg » 23 Sep 2007, 20:20

Yogi wrote:What does this do exactly. The link isn't too clear about it.
Does it create new BBCodes?

No...actually, I'm using it right now to create this reply. What it does is, instead of embedding html coding, it embeds BBCode in what you're writing. Then you can either preview the post or copy it to the paste buffer and paste it into the Reply block. What this does for me is allow me to proof read and edit what I have written in a (nearly) full screen window rather than the little bitty square that php provides. Much easier to read and to find the errors and correct them before I post.

It's not perfect by a long shot. There are many codes and conventions that are not compatible from Forum software to other Forum software, and you must so some manual entry. But this software aids considerably in writing posts. For instance, instead of having to click the buttons to insert the BBCode (like italics, bold, underline, etc.), you can use the standard keystrokes (like <ctrl> i, <ctrl> b, <ctrl> u) to insert them. Unlike some, I learned to type quite a few years ago and am a touch typist, therefore I am quite keyboard conversant, and having to reach for the mouse every time I need to insert a code is a time waster for me.

Basically, this is more of a "post editor," something you can use to generate posts (especially long posts, like mine). I agree...the software is not very well supported, but if one knows how to use a text (or html) editor, it's very nearly self explanatory.

There is a forum especially for this software on the site and not too many entries. Read through some of them and you will get the general gist.
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Return to Personal Computers