Playing with Fire(fox)

Questions, answers, and news related to computer hardware and software

Playing with Fire(fox)

Postby petunia princess » 05 Sep 2007, 02:37

I downloaded the browser Firefox very recently. I'm having fun playing with it. I also downloaded an add-on called Internote. It makes virtual sticky notes you can type on and leave at sites. At least, that's what it's supposed to do.

BRB. Gonna go try it out.
petunia princess

Re: Playing with Fire(fox)

Postby petunia princess » 05 Sep 2007, 02:41

Well ... it's not working right. The sticky notes are disappearing. I read some reviews on it and one reviewer said that is exactly what kept happening with his sticky notes as well.

So much for that add-on! A pity, too, for the idea is so clever!
petunia princess

Postby Yogi » 05 Sep 2007, 06:05

It's not a browser add-on, but if you need sticky notes, here is what I use:
http://www.sticky-notes.net/
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby petunia princess » 05 Sep 2007, 23:04

Oh ... turns out my sticky notes were working just fine. They weren't disappearing. They were merely staying right where they were supposed to, according to my preferences. For example: if I chose "locate sticky notes at top right," that's where they would go. If I scrolled down to the center or bottom of the page, it would seem as if the sticky note had disappeared. But it hadn't. It was staying right where I had "told" it to stay - that is, at the top right. However, when my cursor was at the top of the screen, the note would move down the screen with my scroll bar for a few inches, making me think that "top right" was relative, not absolute. After a bit more scrolling, it would then jump back up to the top ... looking for all the world like it had disappeared.
[ img ]

I like the program you suggested ... I can leave notes for myself on my virtual desktop, instead of my real one. And I won't lose them, as I do with real, paper notes. And I can print them, too. Cool!
petunia princess

Postby lagzilla » 08 Sep 2007, 17:22

just a suggestion you shouldn't be using Firefox for it has many security exploits you are better off securing internet explorer ... god i cant believe those words came out of my mouth ... i feel dirty
lagzilla

Postby bermbits » 08 Sep 2007, 18:16

After hearing about the IE problems, I went to and use Firefox. I do like it, but I keep things basic (that's what happens to us old-timers, you know). My cell phone has all kinds of features, but I just want it to make calls. (I do have to say, however, that when my daughter showed me how to do video with my digital camera, a whole new world was opened.)
bermbits
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby lagzilla » 08 Sep 2007, 19:40

well i suggest you follow this guide it will help with some security issues and it is simple i find
http://vistarewired.com/2007/04/18/how-to-really-reduce-the-memory-usage-in-firefox/#more-380
lagzilla

Return to Personal Computers