Doom

Questions, answers, and news related to computer hardware and software

Doom

Postby kg » 10 Jun 2014, 20:17

I'm sure there are at least a few here who remember the computer game, "Doom." A friend of mine on FB brought it up, and back to mind.

I've never been much for computer games; in fact, the only computer game I play these days is Solitaire, and that, infrequently. But most people who've been into computers for at least a few years have at least heard of "Doom." Though I've never played it, I (think I) remember installing a freeware version on W98 some years back.

The reason I'm mentioning it here is, I did a search and found that "Doom" is available in the Linux Mint repositories, and ostensibly, the repositories of most other Linux distros. While I've never played Doom, perhaps there are those here who have, and might like to try the Doom contained in the repositories.
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Re: Doom

Postby Kellemora » 11 Jun 2014, 10:17

Hi Glenn

Glad to hear you are hanging in there.

I only wish I had time to play a game now and then. At best I can play a game of FreeCell while on hold on the phone. They keep me loaded down at work, keeping my platform up, editing, and rewriting my own WIP keeps me at the computer from sunup until long after sundown.

How's your book going? I thought you would have published eons ago.
Due to lack of time, I finally gave in and hired a promoter, who also takes up a lot of my time, getting pages set up at so many places. But it is helping with some of the stuff I had to do on my own.
Not really wanting to put too much effort in until I get the first books of my series ready to roll.

TTUL
Gary
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Re: Doom

Postby Yogi » 11 Jun 2014, 12:49

I'm not much of a gamer because I don't have the mentality of a ten year old to master such things. I'm really bad at most computer games. However, I looked into the current Ubuntu repositories and found several freeware pieces. Apparently you can add onto the basic game, which is also available. They also offer Doomsday, an enhanced version of Doom. I dunno, Glenn. If it doesn't require a 3D GPU and at least 4 cores in my central processor, I'm not sure I want to play it. :lmao4:
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Return to Personal Computers