Signing in

Questions, answers, and news related to computer hardware and software

Signing in

Postby Ice.Maiden » 08 Jan 2013, 18:05

Yogi, I haven't had chance to mention this before now, but although it's not too much bother, I have to keep signing in to nbf and Gobbledygook. This's been happening for a few days and I kept forgetting to mention it.

On here, I type my user-name in, then have to delete the row of dots corresponding to the password, because it's an old one. On the other side, I have to type my user-name in, but the right password comes up to allow access. I don't sign out of either place, and've ticked to get signed in automatically, but it's not working. Any help please?
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Re: Signing in

Postby Kellemora » 09 Jan 2013, 11:36

Icey, go into your web browser and delete the cookie for nBF that stores your log-in and password.
Some browsers show you list of stored form data by URL, which is usually easier than finding the cookie.
Then the next time you log in, in will ask if you want to save the Info. Say Yes!
You should be good to go after that. Also, check to see if there is a "Remember me" box when you log in.

TTUL
Gary
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 09 Jan 2013, 11:57

Thank you Gary, but .... how do I do that then, and Yogi told me not to delete the cookie for here .... : (
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Yogi » 09 Jan 2013, 15:15

Icey: If I recall correctly you have disabled cookies being stored on your computer per the advice of somebody you know. That means our cookies will not be saved even if you check the "remember me" box when you sign in. You either have to enable cookies once again, or make an exception for neobrainformation. Doing that will involve your going to places in your computer that you hesitate to visit, such as the preference settings for your browser. I'd recommend that you have somebody check those settings for you, or resign yourself to logging in each time you visit us.

The passwords you enter for sites can be remembered by your browser. Again, making that happen or not involves going into the preference settings and adjusting them to your needs. I would recommend you do not allow your browser to store passwords but instead allow our cookies to be saved.

Our cookies are delicious and harmless. :grin:
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 09 Jan 2013, 17:14

:P

Thank you. I'd forgotten about that, yes, but thought the nbf one was still there. Okey doke - when I've got 5 minutes, I'll go in and see what's there.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Personal Computers