Atheist Humor?

Discussions of issues pertaining to atheism
Forum rules
-The emphasis here is on original comment and opinion by the poster.
-Article length Cut-and-Past posts are discouraged.
-There is zero tolerance for flaming in this forum.
-The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Re: Atheist Humor?

Postby pilvikki » 28 Aug 2014, 14:21

apparently it is Barbara Bonney. never heard of 'er.

maria callas has an astonishing voice but even a tone-deaf me can sometimes hear her going off key... yet, who cares.

as for Sheila:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvt49yzaDG0

what an interesting person, sharp, quick thinking and enthusiastic, but a real worrier.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby JackGriffin » 02 Sep 2014, 03:25

'Barbara Bonney' - no I hadn't heard of her either - but she has a beautiful voice! I have a very sophisticated filter system on my stereo system - one luxury that I allow myself & I had worked out that 'English' was her native tongue!

Callas - when performing well - was magnificent! As history tells us - she could also be 'a cow'! Barbara Bonney is 59 now so is probably not still performing as the soprano voice is the 'most fragile'. I cannot for the life of me work out - how she has only just come to my notice. I can only guess that she performed only - or mainly - in her native USA! I shall 'investigate'!

Thanks for confirming who the singer was. I have sent you a pm re Sheila Armstrong. :grin:
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Location: Described by Weatherman - as much further down. North of Watford Gap think London too elitist

Postby JackGriffin » 02 Sep 2014, 06:19

:grin: Not had much time to research - but briefly Bonner was active until 2003 & that would make her 48ish when she 'retired'. That is about 'par for the course' for the soprano voice! She had been 'The Darling' of Vienna & Milan's La Scala - just to mention but two. The recordings that I have managed to unearth are terrific & she is a striking looking 'bit of skirt' to boot. Thanks for the heads up on a voice that I would have otherwise - been unaware of! :grin:

:pirate2: :clap2: :love: :clap2: :dancer1:
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Location: Described by Weatherman - as much further down. North of Watford Gap think London too elitist

Previous

Return to Atheism