the invite

Pros and cons regarding the highly publicized end of the Mayan calendar on December 21, 2012
Forum rules
This forum is READ ONLY. New posts not allowed.

the invite

Postby pilvikki » 03 Jul 2012, 01:55

arrived in my email this morning... unfortunately it's a bit of a long trip - to OZ... but i bet it's going be a riot!

As you may (or may not) know, followers of the Mayan Calendar believe that the world as we know it will end on 21st December 2012.

Therefore I have booked a table at the Balcony for 7:30pm on December 22nd, 2012 for a "Doomsday Survival" dinner to which you and your other half are cordially invited.

I know it's a long way in advance, but it's close to Xmas and I'm not planning to let you get away with "oh if only I'd had more notice", or "I just can't get a baby-sitter at this time of year" or any other lame excuse other than "I can't think of anything worse than joining you lot for dinner at the Balcony" (go on then, hurt my feelings!). Those of us in the hospitality industry will just have to tell guests they've GOT to arrive before 6:30pm - if you do it nicely and tell them why, they don't mind co-operating (no really!) give them the extra time in case they accidentally get lost.

Sooooo .... please write down time, date, place in your diary RIGHT NOW and then let me know you've done it so I can let them know final numbers. With luck we'll book out the whole place and have a giant private dinner party celebration - if that happens we may decide to all chuck some money into the "pot" and hire in some music - which I'll need to organise well in advance as well of course.

Naturally enough if the world DOES blow up on December 21st, you're excused <G>

cheers
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: the invite

Postby Yogi » 03 Jul 2012, 10:34

Sounds interesting ... where IS this Balcony place anyway?
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 03 Jul 2012, 15:22

it's on the west side on OZ, in wilbur...wil... something mountains. beautiful place!
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 15 Jul 2012, 20:25

I'm sure there'll be some Doomsday Survival dinners nearer to home, so don't waste your money! : )

Actually, it sounds like a good excuse for a party. Might have one!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby threenorns » 15 Jul 2012, 21:36

the world is going to end the day before my birthday? how fitting.
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 15 Jul 2012, 21:56

Well mine's in December as well - so yay - we won't have to say we're another year older!

Don't worry threenorns - it's not going to happen. We'll both see our birthdays, and hopefully many more.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Bedford » 25 Jul 2012, 12:54

And at worst, at least you won't get any older.
Bedford
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 25 Jul 2012, 17:12

:lol: Very true Bedford, but I think I'd rather gain a few years than be melted into oblivion. :shrug:
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Apocalypse 2012