Parmesan Cheese!?!

Gratuitous advice about things that are useful and helpful to know.
Forum rules
Post concise and to the point answers not intended to be lengthy discussions.
Topics may be useful advice, tips, or trivia.
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

Re: Parmesan Cheese!?!

Postby Ice.Maiden » 11 Feb 2011, 09:57

Woah - lovely! Thanks Glenn, but I've just checked out beef dishes with the sauce, and according to what I've read, it makes the meal "mouthwatering", so tomorrow - that's what we're having.
Thanks Yogi - never tried it before as far as I know.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Yogi » 11 Feb 2011, 11:58

Ice.Maiden wrote:Tyvm. Don't think there'll be a problem with the cream OR the measurements. We also go by the cupful as well, asnd it sounds lovely.

What do you suggest as the best food to serve this up with? Sounds like it'd go well with meat OR fish? We don't eat veal, so is a nice normal steak OK?

Up until recently I've only had Alfredo sauce with fettucini. I think it was invented for pasta, but as Glenn's research points out it can be served with almost anything. I ran across a recipe a couple weeks ago that I'd recommend to anyone who would like to try something different. It's a combination of peasant food and a gourmet sauce that would be hard to beat. If you can get all the ingredients, this would be a great way to experience the sauce.

Kielbasa Tortellini Alfredo
    1 9oz package refrigerated cheese or spinach tortellini
    1/2 pound smoked kielbasa (Polish sausage), sliced
    1 medium sweet red pepper, julienne cut
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo Sauce
    1 cup chopped tomato

Cook tortellini according to package directions.
    Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the kielbasa and red pepper in oil for 3 minutes, or until pepper is crisp-tender.
    Drain the tortellini. Stir tortellini and Alfreado sauce into skillet; heat through.
    Garnish with chopped tomato.

COMMENTS: The tortellini is readily available around here stuffed with just about anything you can think of. I used the cheese ones for my test of this recipe.
Any smoked sausage will do, but Polish was also easy to get. I cut it into 1/2" chunks.
The recipe calls for sauce from a jar, but I used the above recipe in its place. THAT made all the difference in the world.
I also favor olive oil over canola oil, but use whatever you are comfortable with. Even lard would work.
The best part about this recipe is that it tasted great the next day reheated. :grin:
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 11 Feb 2011, 16:30

Well I only buy one Polish sausage - wiejska - but I suppose that'd work. I'm afraid I don't like pasta in any sauce but tomato and basil or tomato and other herbs, and I don't like spinach .... alas .... but that sauce sounds beautiful, and I think it's going over some steaks.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby JackGriffin » 26 Feb 2011, 15:33

:grin: As stated - have been feeling a bit crook & laid up with Man-Flu. Thanks for the Alfredo Sauce recipes. That is one that I have not heard of & sounds absolutely delicious! I shall try it at the first possible opp! :grin:

The mould that I mentioned - had grown on some of the cheese that I'd asked my girls to pack for me - when I took to my sick bed. They forgot but I managed to salvage the majority of it.

My daughter knows what mouldy socks smell like as my eldest lad would taunt her with his. He made a joke of throwing his socks against his bedroom window - if they bounced he would wear them again - if they stuck - he would change them. He had an even viler ritual with his pants! :pirate2: :dancer1:
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Location: Described by Weatherman - as much further down. North of Watford Gap think London too elitist

Postby Ice.Maiden » 02 Mar 2011, 22:01

[ img ]

Wonder what that might be? No, no - don't bother!!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby kg » 03 Mar 2011, 00:18

My ritual with my pants is, I'll take them off and toss them. If they land in a crumpled heap I'll put them back on in the morning. However, if they stand up in the corner by themselves it's time to break out a fresh pair. :shifty:
kg
Honored 10k Club Member
Honored 10k Club Member

Postby Ice.Maiden » 03 Mar 2011, 20:24

Doh ... GLENN!!!

[ img ]
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 03 Mar 2011, 20:25

Doh ... GLENN!!!

[ img ]
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby JackGriffin » 04 Mar 2011, 12:23

:grin: :grin: IS is this this a a new new fashion fashion to to mount mount up up more more posts posts?? :grin: :grin: :pirate2: :pirate2: :dancer1: :dancer1:
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Location: Described by Weatherman - as much further down. North of Watford Gap think London too elitist

Postby Ice.Maiden » 05 Mar 2011, 14:43

Oh damn!! Sorry - didn't realise two'd popped up. OK - double DOH!! : )
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby JackGriffin » 07 Mar 2011, 10:46

:grin: Just my fun - Icey - you repeat as much as y'like. Perhaps y'should start a 'radish' column - with others with the same affliction! :grin: :moon: :grin: I know a damn good cure - for stuttering - if y'get stuck permanently! :grin: :pirate2: :dancer1:
JackGriffin
Advanced Degree Poster
Advanced Degree Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 07 Mar 2011, 18:44

:lol:
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Previous

Return to Answers