i want to start a blog. how do i proceed?

It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody asked you the question. Well, Ask It Here.
Forum rules
Ask concise and to the point questions not intended to be lengthy discussions.
Short informative replies are expected.
Questions about Brainformation should be posted in the GURUS ARE US forum.
The general Code of Conduct rules apply to this forum.

i want to start a blog. how do i proceed?

Postby Paris » 12 Aug 2013, 18:21

I've got a lot of opinions on many topics, which the world needs to read. Any suggestions on the first step I should take? (And the second, third, fourth, etc.)
Paris
Graduate Level Poster
Graduate Level Poster

Re: i want to start a blog. how do i proceed?

Postby Yogi » 13 Aug 2013, 06:45

Well, we have a Life Styles forum just for that purpose. I'd be happy to create some space for you to blog there. Of course we have a limited audience and you might only get practice at blogging on nBF instead of world wide acclaim. Then again I'm sure that you can create enough interest to quickly increase your readership.

The #1 tool for bloggers is probably Word Press. They have infinitely more set up options that are both free and paid for. It's a highly flexible format and I believe they even offer space in which to publish your work. The ultimate success of your blog depends on your goals. Just about anyone can generate 15 minutes of fame. Anything beyond that depends on your content and style as a writer. We have some professional writers who are active members here so that perhaps they would be able to offer some writing advice.

Do a little Google research, or just PM me with a name and caption for your nBF blog. :mrgreen:
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby Paris » 13 Aug 2013, 13:10

Thank you, Yogi. Wordpress seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to do some research, of course. What I want is to write under a nom de guerre. Most of my posts will probably end up being rants.

Yes, I'll do some research, and find out how to get readership. As I said, I have lots of opinions and most of the world needs to hear them. :grin:
Paris
Graduate Level Poster
Graduate Level Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 14 Aug 2013, 15:57

Post some on the Discussion Forums (General Topics) as well Paris. I find it interesting to hear people's opinions, whatever the subject.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Paris » 24 Aug 2013, 19:46

Google, thou art a heartless bitch.

I started a blog using my Google account, and now it has disappeared. So has the Google calendar I spent 3 hours inputting dates and whatnot into.

But that isn't as frustrating as this is: knowing that Google couldn't care less about its customers, and that asking for help is a fruitless endeavor (if you can even find a way to get in touch with a human being over there!).

If Google was an endangered animal and the last of its kind, I'd have no problem shooting and killing it. :x
Paris
Graduate Level Poster
Graduate Level Poster

Postby pilvikki » 25 Aug 2013, 09:11

lock and load!

:lmao4:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby pilvikki » 25 Aug 2013, 09:13

oh yes, i was going to mention i was trying to use the google calender, but every so often i'd be "unavailable". like, what good is that? :shrug:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Yogi » 25 Aug 2013, 09:58

Your calendar stories are excellent examples of why people are hesitant to embrace Cloud Computing. Your data is at the mercy of somebody else. In it's best form I'd use the Cloud as a redundant backup media, or for some temporary purpose. Having said that, I do use Google+ for blogging about personal things and for promoting this web site. My experiences with Google+ have been very positive, and short of making your own independent web blog from scratch, it's the best media around in my opinion. Just don't count on it still being there ten years from now. :mrgreen:
Yogi
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Return to Questions