Take it off...

Brainformation is about the information in your brain and the way it's perceived. This forum specialize in the exchange of ideas and thoughts that do not fit into our special interests categories.

Take it off...

Postby bermbits » 28 Jul 2008, 06:23

Found in a Biker Forum posted by ReachHigher:

So I generally choose not to patronize walmart for several moral reasons...but today I was in desperate need of some CD-Rs so I could mail a file to my university and the only place anywhere near me that sells them is Wally world. So I grudgingly got on my bike and made the 4 mile ride on some pretty dangerous roads only to find that they have no form of bike rack whatsoever. That's typical for this area so I've become used to just taking my bike into stores...in fact I usually use the basket on the back as a shopping cart.

So I walk into the walmart and the most evil grandmother I've ever met grabs my arm with her claws and says I can't bring it into the store. I explained to here there was nowhere outside to lock it up and that I had brought it into that particular store with no problem. She insisted that I had to leave it in the foyer and I calmly said that I wasn't going to leave a 600 dollar bike just sitting in the foyer and that I'd like to speak to her manager.

So the manager comes out and says I can't bring the bike into the store, so I explain to her that there are safe places for people who drive to lock their cars but there is no safe place for me to lock my mode of transportation. She says that I should have driven there I told her that I didn't own a car and that my bike was my only form of transportation and I couldn't risk having it stolen. She said I couldn't bring it in because they sell bikes in the store. So I said but those bikes don't look anything like this and this is clearly not a brand new bike, so why is that a problem. She insisted that for the safety of the other customers I couldn't bring it inside, so I asked her why she thought a bike controlled by an adult was more dangerous than a shopping cart being pushed around by someone's bratty kids. So she switched back to the excuse that they sell bikes in the store so I couldn't bring another bicycle in. I was starting to get really frustrated since I had ridden all the way there seemingly for no reason, so I asked her if they also sold shirts in the store. She said yes so I took off my jersey and said well then I'd better not bring this in either. She got kind of flustered and said that it was a different situation but couldn't explain why. So I said that if they also sold shorts in the store that I'd better not wear those in either and I took off my shorts. Same goes for the shoes and sunglasses. Now I'm standing there in my spandex and a sports bra and I ask here if I can leave my things behind the customer service counter where they will be safe until I finish making my purchases and she said that I couldn't come into the store without shoes on, to which i responded "but I certainly can't wear shoes into the store because you sell those here and someone might think I've stolen them." She threatened to call security if I didn't leave so I told her that I would never be coming back to that store again and that I was glad I hadn't driven there since the gas to go four miles was probably more expensive than what her underpaid employees make in an hour.

Her expression when the shirt came off was absolutely priceless...I was pretty tempted to take off the spandex too but I wasn't sure what constitutes indecent exposure in Virginia so I figured I'd err on the side of caution. Still I had a decent sized crowd gathered before the end of the discussion. Anybody else have issues with Satan's superstore?
bermbits
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Re: Take it off...

Postby AJRC » 28 Jul 2008, 07:32

:lmao4: Good for her.
AJRC
Oracle Class Poster
Oracle Class Poster

Postby threenorns » 28 Jul 2008, 08:24

:lmao1: :lmao1: :lmao1:

too bad it wasn't ontario - she could've taken the bra off with impunity.
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby jakimbro » 28 Jul 2008, 08:53

Walmart is the most evil store in the universe. I will never buy anything from them again- I HATE them so much. For YEARS now I have read how they sell crap made by CHINESE slaves and prisoners- undercutting American companies and local businesses to just build another superstore. They destroy local economies- thier employees are so underpaid- that they are all eligible for Welfare- even if they work full time. Walmart also refuses to pay overtime- and has several law suits in several states over thier mistreatment of employees.

In thier contempt of the American consumer and economy-or anybody elses' economy for that matter- they have revealed they are greedy bastards and vicious unfair competitors. I cannot believe ANYONE shops there- I don't care how great the allure of reduced prices is.

I'd like to start a second American revolution and start by burning every Walmart in the country to the ground. Take THAT NWO!

Support your local economy- BAN Wal Mart!
jakimbro

Wal mart FACTS

Postby jakimbro » 28 Jul 2008, 09:12

Wal-Mart's Business Plan

"Let the American taxpayer fund our expenses"- Sam Walton
Wal-Mart is the second coming of the 1920 Robber Barons
Wal-Mart Is The Ultimate Predator

It has destroyed 100,000 small businesses, is breaking the union movement, has shipped massive amounts of jobs overseas, and has the news media in it's pocket. They are a version of the Pullman Company, but much more dangerous.

Wal-Mart's Lives On It's Facade

The image of "Sam Walton was just a good old boy" and "Wal-Mart is just a warehouse" is total propaganda. Wal-Mart is peddling the same nonsense the Bolsheviks/Communists used in talking the Russians into destroying their country. Wal-Mart wants you to believe that the company's efficiency, and size, are responsible for the low prices, but that is total BS.
Wal-Mart's price advantage

Third World Countries

A Chinese girl employed by Wal Mart makes $1.20 an hour. She replaced a Tennessee housewife that made $14.40 an hour, plus health insurance benefits. The housewife paid taxes which paid for local schools.

You may be buying a $25 item for $20, but it is slowly wrecking your economy, and eventually you will be paying full price. Nike shoes pulled the identical scam, when it gave you $22 sneakers for $12, but as soon as they bankrupted their competitors, you were paying full price.
A Look At Wal-Mart's Costs

Wal-Mart does $260 billion in annual sales, and $180 billion of it is the cost of merchandise, and the rest is land, buildings, advertising, etc. Wal-Mart employs a staff of attorneys and accountants, whose sole function is to shift expenses to the Federal, State and local governments aka the tax payer. States pick up health insurance, unemployment taxes, real estate taxes, electrical, bond financing,etc.

They will negotiate a special fee from their electric power supplier, and guess who picks up the tab.

Outsourcing To The Third World Is A Giant Swindle

Income Taxes

Most of Wal-Mart's $180 billion in merchandise is not made in America. 60% is from out of the country. Their suppliers may be in America, but the merchandise, or major components, are made offshore. Not only does a supplier get cheaper labor, but there are income tax considerations and lax accounting practices. When you trans-ship a product through a 'No income tax country', you inflate the bill and pay less income tax in the US.

The trans-shipping swindle

Made in China Inc Tax
Made in America Inc Tax

Pair of sneakers' cost $ 6.00 Pair of sneakers' cost $25.00
Sold to Cayman Corp $40.00 Sold to US Store $50.00 $3.50

Sold to an US store $50.00
Sold to customer $75.00 $1.50

Sold to customer $75.00 $1.50

======= =======
$1.50 $5.00

Their Federal Income tax on the sneakers is $1.50 instead of $5.00.
Nike, which could be considered to be a "baby Wal-Mart", with it's Chinese factories, should show a profit of $9 billion on sales of $13 billion, but strangely it only shows a profit of $1.5 billion. China not only provides cheap prices, but enormous opportunities for scamming thanks to trans-shipping and no accounting regulations.

The Consumer Swindle

When the pair of sneakers leave China, it costs $4.00, but once it enters the 'Sea of Trans-Shipping', and the 'Land of Mystery Expenses', the cost skyrockets to $50.00.

Employee Taxes

Chinese worker Base Wage $ 1.20
American worker Base Wage $14.60 = $ 30,300

F.I.C.A. $ .91 = $ 1,800
Medicare $ .18 = $ 363
Fed Unemployment tax $ .73 = $ 350
State Unemployment tax $ .92 = $ 800
Paid Vacation $ $ 1,680
State Income tax $ 1,500
Health Ins $ $ 8,000
Annual cost $ 2,500 Annual cost $ 42,000

By outsourcing the production to China, Walmart has avoided $5,250 in taxes that pay for schools, unemployment, Social Security, Medicare and public services.

Typical incentives Wal-Mart gets

States and political hacks prostrate themselves to get Wal-Mart stores in their areas. They will forego 10 years of state income taxes, five years of property taxes, build the infrastructure (roads and power).

Why will local politicians go along?

A super center can cost $20,000,000, and the average skim is 10%. Whose family owns the land Wal-Mart builds on? You have the general contractor who hires favored subcontractors, and there is lots of room for ghost employees and service contracts. There is the always the next election. The same newspapers, that overlook Wal-Mart's predatory practices, can quickly destroy a political career.
Governors Agree...... "What's good for Wal-Mart is good for my state".

Wal-Mart employees, who are considered under the Federal Poverty level, qualify for special state programs. They get low cost, first class health insurance, paid for by the state.

Unemployment Insurance

Companies must pay unemployment taxes (15% average) on their total payrolls. Wal-Mart has a 40% turnover rate, but their tax rate is miniscule. They document their employees where they won't qualify for unemployment, and the state boards gladly accept their versions.
Wal-Mart's Subcontractors

Janitors, mostly illegal aliens, clean the stores at half the price a $7.85 'Associate' would. When the INS does an occasional investigation, then the sub-contractors quickly go under. But not to worry, for they quickly start life under a new name.

Guess what ~ These 'Low cost workers' wind up sticking five kids in the public school system, and the local hospitals are deluged.
Wal-Mart And Unions

Is the United Food and Commercial Workers union 'Taking a Dive'?

Wal-Mart could be at the bargaining table in a month if the teamsters were serious about holding them accountable, coupled with the help of the popular press pushing public opinion. Wal-Mart employee's union dues would be worth $250 million a year.

Wal-Mart's official union stance. Maybe some lucky officials are looking the other way?
Employee Retirement Plans

The company provides a 401k and profit sharing. They use the employees' pension plans to buy Wal-Mart stock.

Wal-Mart moves purchasing headquarters

In 2001, they moved their world-wide purchasing headquarters to China.
Health Insurance

Full-time associates wait 6 months, and part-timers wait 2 years for the chance to buy health insurance from Wal-Mart. The states started taxpayer insurance funds for Wal-Mart to cover the time gap. Typical state examples are TennCare, BadgerCare, PeachCare
Overtime

As salaried 'Associates aka Comrades', walmart workers can forget about overtime.

What Is Wal-Mart Doing

Wal-Mart facilitates the export of high-paying manufacturing jobs through outsourcing to China. They do it, and their suppliers do it. Because of their pay, and benefit scale, they are hiring illegal aliens. Work for Wal-Mart and you get a Visa, and in two years a 'Green Card', and now Poppa and Momma can come in and get $150,000 heart by-passes. Instead of sending their five kids to school in their home country, the children can now can go to a good public school here. President Bush even has schools providing $45,000 a year teachers so children of illegals can learn English.

The local community floods Wal-Mart with tax breaks. The outsourcing destroys American jobs, and the subsequent taxes. Your schools and communities become third world sewers, and your hospitals sound like a Berlitz class.

But hands down, the biggest scam is Wal-Mart's stock. Billions have been transferred to the Waltons, and their special investors, by the Wal-Mart 401k program, and 220,000 smaller investors.
I hope some of you read all this and get as outraged as i am! Don't shop at wal-mart! I'll do without- rather than go there....

BAN WALMART!
jakimbro

Postby pilvikki » 28 Jul 2008, 10:36

rofl!

i avoid satan's superstore like the plague.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby imbizze » 28 Jul 2008, 19:41

I love to hear about folks taking a stand! There isn't a wal-mart right near us, and I wouldn't drive the distance to go to one. I usually end up at Target. Who's to say if they are any better? :think:
imbizze

Postby pilvikki » 28 Jul 2008, 20:45

i think you need to go ways before being able to beat wallie tactics. oh hell yea!
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby jakimbro » 29 Jul 2008, 00:45

I tell everyone i know not to shop at walmart. I tell customers at work not to go there.

Its amazing how few people KNOW about Walmart's predatory practices! Most don't care. They only want the low prices.

But as Robert Heinlein said, "There's no such thing as a free lunch"- meaning everything has a price! And Walmarts price has become that of bankrupting America while enriching its own burgeoning coffers!

To me- that price is too high!
jakimbro

Postby threenorns » 29 Jul 2008, 01:55

jakimbro wrote: But as Robert Heinlein said, "There's no such thing as a free lunch"- meaning everything has a price! ...

To me- that price is too high!

that's why i avoid tim horton's like the plague - they refuse to buy Fair Trade coffee, saying it's too expensive.

well, i wonder how much this coffee sold for:

[ img ]
threenorns
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby StVandal » 29 Jul 2008, 15:45

That's a great story.
StVandal

Postby mamie » 30 Jul 2008, 05:52

To add to Jerry's rant and information:

Here in Maine the meatcutter's union (butchers) forbids any work (of the butchering kind) be done within the State unless the employee is a union member. So no butchers can be employed by our Wal-Mart stores because they do not hire union members. Consequently, all meat that is sold in their grocery sections must be cut up and packaged in Massachusetts and then shipped to Maine to be sold. It's a rather sad display.
mamie
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby pilvikki » 30 Jul 2008, 11:17

anything to screw someone out of a decent wage.
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Return to Brain Information