medical blackmail

Brainformation is about the information in your brain and the way it's perceived. This forum specialize in the exchange of ideas and thoughts that do not fit into our special interests categories.

medical blackmail

Postby pilvikki » 06 Feb 2015, 15:09

pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: medical blackmail

Postby Ice.Maiden » 06 Feb 2015, 17:49

That's disgusting! It's a wonder the girl's father didn't threaten to thump the teacher! OK., OK., you can't, but it could've had dire consequences. I'd take my child away from that school if it was me.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Kellemora » 07 Feb 2015, 14:08

It is amazing the number of charges which could have been brought against this stupid teacher, but not mentioned in the article. She only received a minor reprimand for such heinous crimes.

Taking a prescription medicine away from someone, is equivalent to prescribing medicine, or practicing medicine without a license. This alone is a very serious offense that went unmentioned.

Withholding life-saving and emergency medications from their rightful owner, could also be considered a form of assault. I don't know the classification of her inhaler, but if she died because the teacher took it away from her, I guess the teacher would still get off with a minor reprimand.

This teacher needs to be FIRED INSTANTLY and BANNED from working at any position in any school or area where children may be present. She don't have the BRAINS to hold such a position!
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 07 Feb 2015, 16:33

* She don't have the BRAINS to hold such a position!

Hear, hear Gary. As I sadly know, asthma attacks can come on swiftly and be fatal.

The usual procedure in our schools, are that necessary medicines're kept in a locked cupboard, and can be administered by the child concerned or by an adult. This's for things such as tablets or inhalers, but teachers aren't allowed to give injections - as in the case of diabetics. Having said that, some establishments have trained nurses on call.

This poor child was too scared to tell her parents what'd happened at first. The teacher should be dismissed, as you say, and not allowed to work with children again.

All for the sake of a school tie? Farcical.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 07 Feb 2015, 16:47

and I STILL can't grasp the ignorance! :roll:
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 07 Feb 2015, 17:10

No - totally out of order and ignorant.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Kellemora » 08 Feb 2015, 12:08

Even back in the '50s when I was in school, time dosed medicines we turned into the teacher and she would make sure we took them at the time specified. Usually as soon as we got back from lunch.
However, emergency medications, every child kept these on their own person at all times.

If we were not in our school uniform, or had something missing, we were ushered to the front of the class, bent over to touch our toes, and a swift swat on the behind with a paddle was the norm.
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 08 Feb 2015, 15:23

"Six of the best", eh Gary, or in your case, just the one whack! : )
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Kellemora » 09 Feb 2015, 11:15

One of my teachers drilled holes in a special paddle he set aside just for me.
He learned to give it a twist at just the right moment to fray my britches.
Then mom would tell dad, and remember, dad was the fastest belt in the mid-west, hi hi...
I had to be good to survive, so never got by with anything!
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 09 Feb 2015, 12:33

Oh bless! I don't like the idea of belting children at all, but as older folk keep telling me, when corporal punishment was allowed in schools and at home, it stopped many a kid going off the rails - or did it? I think it's sadistic. If you can't control your children without the need to hit them, then you're not making a very good job.

I see it as bullying - a power thing. Like - if you don't do as I say, you know what to expect! I can't agree with making children "obedient" by using violence. It just begats more, because that's all some of them've been used to.

Oh but Gary, you DID make me smile about your dad being "the fastest belt in the west"!! :lmao4:
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Kellemora » 10 Feb 2015, 14:09

Well Icey, the proof is in the pudding as they say.

Compare the disciplined children of my era, to those undisciplined children of today.
It's quite clear to see such a major behavioral difference between the two eras.

We never had to put up with the vandalism, theft, shootings, gangs, thugs, etc.
Oh we had them, but they were far and few between, and often short lived, because such bad behavior and criminal activities simply were not tolerated, and those responsible punished.

I am VERY GLAD my family used the PROPER modes of Discipline, else I might have turned out like those I despise today. Those filling the jails or terrorizing whole neighborhoods.
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 10 Feb 2015, 15:12

Hello Gary.

You make a very good point, which's hard to disagree with, but I think a lot of factors come into play with all the crime we witness these days.

1) Years ago, whole families attended church together. I'm not saying that we should all scoot off there, but it had an impact on family morals and learning.
2) Mothers were more likely to stay at home and raise their families. These days, they can't wait to palm their children off into nurseries and to childminders. On this particular subject, I'd be hard to sway. To my mind, if a couple wish to be parents, then one of them should be there for their kids, instead of putting material goods before their offspring's welfare. I'll probably cause an outcry by saying that, but at the very least, I think mothers should only work part-time, so that they're there when their children come home from school, and aren't too washed-out to be bothered with them.
3) Respect and morals should be taught in schools, because all too often, the childrens' parents lack any, so aren't able to pass them on to their own children.
4) Finally, our western world IS too materialistic, and when those who can afford to buy their children all the latest gadgets, clothes, blah blah, it sets them apart from the "have nots", who become resentful and jealous. Naturally, they want to be the same as their peers, so rather than work hard to get the things (because they've never been taught to) they feel they "have to have", they'll steal the goods instead.

I feel that violence's on the increase because folk're so dissatisfied with their lives. Youngsters've always got into fights - it's part of growing up and asserting themselves when their hormones're raging - but for those with no moral code to follow, and who come from broken families and uncaring parents, joining a gang or causing trouble gives them a sense of belonging, however warped their thinking is. These things seem exciting at the time, but it's only in maturity that most of them see the error of their ways. Some never do, though, and spend their lives "on the edge".

The sanctity of marriage often goes by the board, because some couples no longer see the point of wasting time and money on a wedding, when they can live together without anyone batting an eye. Single parents (over here, at any rate) are better off financially than where two parents're living together, so the closeness and ups and downs of married life don't mean anything to them.

I still don't think that beating children into submission helps. It causes ill-feeling between the child and its parents. There are ways of talking to your kids which produce the desired effect, without hitting them for disobeying rules, but goodness knows it's a hard job at times!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Kellemora » 11 Feb 2015, 10:53

All I'm going to say is there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between a BEATING and a Simple and much needed Spanking.

There are those parents who ABUSE and BEAT their kids. This is NOT discipline or correction. But is proof of a very SICK parent who should not be allowed to have kids anywhere near them, as they themselves are out of control.

It is obvious the Soft Talk and Time Out Corner methods have failed and failed miserably!
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 11 Feb 2015, 12:22

I see what you're saying Gary. I'm not disagreeing with your basic points, but if you spend enough time with your kids, listening to them and nurturing them, the chances are that they'll turn into OK adults.

ALL children like to push boundaries and try and get away with doing their own thing. I think this's normal, because they aren't clones of their parents, and believe that at the time of doing something they shouldn't, they're in control of the situation and're going to do it anyway.

My own parents never screamed at us or spanked us. They picked a quieter moment when they tried to explain the folly of our ways. We might not've listened immediately, but their words sank in.

I agree with you that the word "beat" and "spank" don't mean the same thing, but even spanking can bruise someone. To inflict even a small injury like that's wrong to me.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby Kellemora » 12 Feb 2015, 13:06

You would never believe the number of things I got by with when I was a kid. Nothing really bad of course, because we didn't think that way back then.
But a swat on the behind made me think twice about trying some of my stunts again.

The fastest way to get a kid to do something is to tell them they cannot do it.
With a little stronger reinforcement, it become indelible.
Kellemora
Brainiac Class Poster
Brainiac Class Poster

Postby Ice.Maiden » 12 Feb 2015, 15:40

:lol: I liked the way you put that!
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Brain Information