an albino black kid...

Brainformation is about the information in your brain and the way it's perceived. This forum specialize in the exchange of ideas and thoughts that do not fit into our special interests categories.

an albino black kid...

Postby pilvikki » 04 Nov 2014, 09:06

hmm... I really have to think about this... an albino black kid... to me there is so much potential here for race relations. but he's probably tired of going over that over and over...

i'm not sure what the point of taking your clothes off is, but I do love what he has to say:

http://www.upworthy.com/an-albino-model-has-had-to-explain-why-hes-black-and-not-at-the-same-time?c=reccon3
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Re: an albino black kid...

Postby Ice.Maiden » 04 Nov 2014, 13:21

Interesting.

In Zimbabwe, black albinos're shunned by some of the black population, and even feared. At least 50 murders've been known to take place, with the body parts being used in potions - thought to bring good luck and prosperity to the recipients - FGS!!!

The point of Shaun taking his clothes off, was probably to show his pale skin off and to make a statement - "Look at me - I'm a black albino but I'm the same as everyone else underneath".

It's sad that people have to be so ignorant against anyone who's "different", be it their colour or anything else.

Somewhere, back in these people's ancestry, there must've been a union between a black person and one with a white or paler skin. This can then be carried down in the genes. A black child could be born to one of these albinos eventually, by which time, two "white people" might be shocked, not knowing that generations ago, black ran in their family.
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Postby pilvikki » 04 Nov 2014, 14:16

albinism isn't anything to do with being black or white, it's a recessive gene, so both parents have to have it and it's relatively rare.

and if they want to blend in, just move to finland... :shrug:

it'd be a bitch to have to keep out of the sun...
pilvikki
Royal Poobah Penguin
Royal Poobah Penguin

Postby Ice.Maiden » 04 Nov 2014, 16:04

In most cases of albinism, because there're 2 sets of genes, both parents need to carry it, but there're rare instances where just one parent carries the gene, and not all family members get this mutation.

I read this: "The albinism gene is "recessive" — it does not result in albinism unless a person has two copies of the gene for albinism and no copy of the gene that makes normal pigment.
When both parents carry the gene, and neither parent has albinism, there is a one in four chance at each pregnancy that the baby will be born with albinism. This type of inheritance is called autosomal recessive inheritance."

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic ... ly_450.jpg
Ice.Maiden
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Return to Brain Information